Changing the Screensaver

Hi

I am using the fast user switching logon in XP Professional. I would like
to change the default screensaver that comes on at this logon screen (ie when
not logged on). The default one is the WindowsXP screensaver and i would
like to change this. I presume it is a registry setting somewhere.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about changing screensaver

    JimJob typed:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am using the fast user switching logon in XP Professional. I would
    > like to change the default screensaver that comes on at this logon
    > screen (ie when not logged on). The default one is the WindowsXP
    > screensaver and i would like to change this. I presume it is a
    > registry setting somewhere.
    >
    > Thanks

    *WARNING*

    If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that
    may require you to reinstall your operating system.

    Click Start, and then click Run.

    In the Open box, type regedt32, and then click OK.

    In the Registry Editor window, locate the following registry
    key:HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop

    In the right pane, double-click ScreenSaveActive.

    In the Edit String dialog box, type 0 in the Value data box, and then click
    OK.

    Click Exit on the File menu to quit Registry Editor.

    The logon screen saver is turned off.

    --
    McPloppy ©

    { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

    Customize the logon screen wallpaper, screensaver and other settings using
    Tweak UI:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/tweaklogon.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "Mcploppy ©" <gregMYSHOEScrawfordMYSHOES@hotmail.com> wrote
    | JimJob typed:
    | > I am using the fast user switching logon in XP Professional. I would
    | > like to change the default screensaver that comes on at this logon
    | > screen (ie when not logged on). The default one is the WindowsXP
    | > screensaver and i would like to change this. I presume it is a
    | > registry setting somewhere.
    |
    | *WARNING*

    <snip>

    | The logon screen saver is turned off.

    The OP wants to _change_ the default screensaver,
    *not* turn it off.

Configuration Screensaver Default Customization Internet Explorer Windows XP