Changing the Screensaver

October 14, 2004 6:37:09 AM

Hi

I am using the fast user switching logon in XP Professional. I would like
to change the default screensaver that comes on at this logon screen (ie when
not logged on). The default one is the WindowsXP screensaver and i would
like to change this. I presume it is a registry setting somewhere.

Thanks

More about : changing screensaver

Anonymous
October 14, 2004 3:04:40 PM

JimJob typed:
> Hi
>
> I am using the fast user switching logon in XP Professional. I would
> like to change the default screensaver that comes on at this logon
> screen (ie when not logged on). The default one is the WindowsXP
> screensaver and i would like to change this. I presume it is a
> registry setting somewhere.
>
> Thanks

*WARNING*

If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that
may require you to reinstall your operating system.

Click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type regedt32, and then click OK.

In the Registry Editor window, locate the following registry
key:HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop

In the right pane, double-click ScreenSaveActive.

In the Edit String dialog box, type 0 in the Value data box, and then click
OK.

Click Exit on the File menu to quit Registry Editor.

The logon screen saver is turned off.

--
McPloppy ©

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me }
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 8:00:52 PM

Customize the logon screen wallpaper, screensaver and other settings using
Tweak UI:
http://www.winxptutor.com/tweaklogon.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"JimJob" <JimJob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi

I am using the fast user switching logon in XP Professional. I would like
to change the default screensaver that comes on at this logon screen (ie
when
not logged on). The default one is the WindowsXP screensaver and i would
like to change this. I presume it is a registry setting somewhere.

Thanks
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 10:48:55 AM

"Mcploppy ©" <gregMYSHOEScrawfordMYSHOES@hotmail.com> wrote
| JimJob typed:
| > I am using the fast user switching logon in XP Professional. I would
| > like to change the default screensaver that comes on at this logon
| > screen (ie when not logged on). The default one is the WindowsXP
| > screensaver and i would like to change this. I presume it is a
| > registry setting somewhere.
|
| *WARNING*

<snip>

| The logon screen saver is turned off.

The OP wants to _change_ the default screensaver,
*not* turn it off.
!