Sign in with
Your question

SWTOR video card upgrade help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 17, 2012 3:53:04 AM

Hi,
Recently got SWTOR as a gift and hate to sound like a broken record, but do need some help. Have a pretty bad graphics card that I need help upgrading to be able to play (just hoping for some medium settings performance).

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3450 256mb card that I need to upgrade. It is a single slot width card and unfortunately because of the design of my motherboard and how close my processor is to the video card I can't fit a dual slot width card. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good card that could run it on medium settings smoothly that I could upgrade to?

Based on what I have I could fit up to a 8" L x any size W x 1" H card. The big limiting size is the height or thickness.

Suppose another idea would be to get an ATX motherboard replacement then a better video card. Thanks!!!
a b U Graphics card
January 17, 2012 9:17:43 AM

Radeon 5770/6770 should do the job they come in dual and single slot so make sure you get the right one and your power supply can handle it.
m
l
a c 169 U Graphics card
January 17, 2012 9:36:55 AM

What resolution do you play at ? and what's your PSU ?
As simon mentioned,a 5770/6770 can handle the game fin on resolutions like 1600x1200
m
l
Related resources
January 17, 2012 11:54:58 AM

I've been playing on the next to lowest setting (1280 x 768) i believe, but would like to bump it up a bit with a new card
m
l
!