MAC address spoof.

Arigo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Alright, so my computer is being blocked from accessing Internet via this router, I could easily fix this by chaning my MAC address (physical address). So basically I need a way to change this, without it being visibly changed in the routers pages, or another way of bypassing this. (Direct modem works, but is too much of a hassle.)

Using Device Manager, locate the network adapter. Right click Properties, select the Advanced tab, and locate the network address parameter. Most network adapters (but not all) will allow you to change it there (don't use any colons or dashs, just the unadorned MAC address(e.g., 0009a30976e3)).

axxeon

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Depends on the way the router is setup. The wisest thing an admin would do is setup the MAC filtering to be block all and allow only certain ones. This means that even if you do change your MAC address, it's still not in the allow list, so it would make no difference.

Try using a program called kismet for a LINUX machine, which allows you see see the connected device's and their MAC addresses who are connected to a specific network. That way any devices connected are in the allow list, so spoof your MAC address to a device which is allowed and your good to go.

:)