Which of these upgrades will net me the biggest graphical gains?

rufio006

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Hello PC gaming people! After long deliberation, I have a choice to make for upgrading my PC to handle BF3 better. At present I have a Core 2 Duo E7600 @ 3.06GhZ, 4GB DDR2 RAM, GTX 460 1GB. BF3 runs OK but not as well as I'd hope.

My first choice is a new graphics card to go into this current rig - the GTX560ti 1GB. I can get this around the same price as option two.

The second choice is a new mobo/CPU bundle. It's a i3 2100 @ 3.1GhZ with 4GB DDR3 RAM. Here's the link.

So, the question is, which of these options is the best one to choose? Both around the same cost, my max budget. Thanks in advance everyone!

ulysses35

Distinguished
I would go down the GTX560ti route - I have one myself and have yet to find a game it wont play on high settings.

There are two versions of the 560 available..... GTX560ti and the GTX560.... and the difference performance wise at stock speeds its quite noticeable. If your budget permits make sure you get the "ti" version.

Whichever you choose though.... avoid fleabay - the chances of getting a warranty replacement if it goes wrong are remote at best.

TRENDING THREADS