Solved

Temperature problem with Cpu

I currently have a computer that never had problems until a bit ago when i got a new program and it runs at 100% usage for about 2.5-3 hours. I then noticed it is idling at 43 celsius and max out at 70ish. I know this is very hot cannot figuring out why its getting that hot i mean i know its running really hard so i expect it but whats the week point. Also fan speed is set to high would disabling cool n quiet in bios help? or adjusting thermal cycling? or is it hardware here is the machine. I have another pc in same room and more powerful stock cooler idles at 23 max is like 49. Added better cooling 5 120mm fans and installed new thermal paste.

ASRock K10N78M-PRO AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Kingston HyperX T1 Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
ARCTIC COOLING ACALP64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition 2.5GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3250318AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA
zotac gt520 video card- problem happened before i installed this
400 watt cooler master psu
used paste from oem first time just replaced yesterday with another brand same problem
Thanks. plus whats rig worth when i get it fixed?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about temperature problem
  1. Best answer
    disable cool and quiet the air flow is from front to back,did you put oem paste or one from a maker,use this to see the temp and other reading report by the motherboard http://www.hwinfo.com/
  2. You'll need a better cooler than that if you want to lower temps. That cooler is not much better than a stock cooler.
  3. shouldnt need better stock should be fine like i said i am running a much faster machine 6 core 3.2ghz and never above 48 thats with a more powerful card to and same case but i beleive the only option is a different cpu cooler. thanks
  4. No, a stock cooler would not be fine with that overclock either, why would you think that?
    Stock speed is 2.5ghz for that processor so get a cooler that can handle the heat or drop your OC is all I can recommend.
  5. it is not overclocked i did not say it was it has stock settings. an aftermarket cooler which you can read at top of the page. it is stock 2.5ghz.
  6. when was the last time you dust off all the fan on the cpu and gpu and the case one
  7. completely clean went over all of them and cleaned when i put new thermal paste on it the only thing i can think of is it does need new cpu cooler that one should be working a lot better though i dont understand it.
  8. try the evo 212 from cooler master or somethimg similar with a 120 mm fan ,use a good cooling paste and apply it so it will made a full print on the bottom of the cooler between the cpu, http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=574&name=CPU-Fans-Heatsinks
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs