NARC Question

Is this game as bad as gamerankings.com makes it out te be?

I normally do not pay attention to the very low rankings or the very high
ones, but this game seems to have gotten only low ones.

TheLightsAreOn wrote:
> Is this game as bad as gamerankings.com makes it out te be?
>
> I normally do not pay attention to the very low rankings or the very high
> ones, but this game seems to have gotten only low ones.

If a game is getting consistently bad ratings then it likely is not that
great. Didn't this come out at a reduced price also? Like $19.99 or
something? IF so that is a good sign that it is not that great...if it
was they would be charging full price, that is generally the case not
always though. Might want to wait a couple weeks and likely can find it
even cheaper than $19.99 if you are that interested in it.

> TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>> Is this game as bad as gamerankings.com makes it out te be?
>>
>> I normally do not pay attention to the very low rankings or the very
>> high ones, but this game seems to have gotten only low ones.
>
> If a game is getting consistently bad ratings then it likely is not
> that great. Didn't this come out at a reduced price also? Like $19.99
> or something? IF so that is a good sign that it is not that great...if
> it was they would be charging full price, that is generally the case
> not always though. Might want to wait a couple weeks and likely can
> find it even cheaper than $19.99 if you are that interested in it.

This could be why the lack of posts about it.

I have found a $19.99 starting price is not always a bad thing. Tork,
though not the best game in the world, was good enough it could have had a
$29.99 starting price. he only 'problem' I had with it was the lack of
camera control, but after a few levels, it only became an 'issue'. The
final battle was worth the trip.

Thanks for the input.

TheLightsAreOn wrote:

>>TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>>
>>>Is this game as bad as gamerankings.com makes it out te be?
>>>
>>>I normally do not pay attention to the very low rankings or the very
>>>high ones, but this game seems to have gotten only low ones.
>>
>>If a game is getting consistently bad ratings then it likely is not
>>that great. Didn't this come out at a reduced price also? Like $19.99
>>or something? IF so that is a good sign that it is not that great...if
>>it was they would be charging full price, that is generally the case
>>not always though. Might want to wait a couple weeks and likely can
>>find it even cheaper than $19.99 if you are that interested in it.
>>

> This could be why the lack of posts about it.
>
> I have found a $19.99 starting price is not always a bad thing. Tork,
> though not the best game in the world, was good enough it could have had a
> $29.99 starting price. he only 'problem' I had with it was the lack of
> camera control, but after a few levels, it only became an 'issue'. The
> final battle was worth the trip.
>
> Thanks for the input.

Best bet to find some actual imput from someone playing or who has
played the game would be to go over to gamefaqs.com and look at the
board for the game there. It might be a ghost town, dunno...but likely
to find more good, bad ugly, on the game there if you don't like taking
reviews/reviewers imput.

massivegrooves wrote:

> TheLightsAreOn wrote:

> >>If a game is getting consistently bad ratings then it likely is not
> >>that great. Didn't this come out at a reduced price also? Like $19.99
> >>or something? IF so that is a good sign that it is not that great...if
> >>it was they would be charging full price, that is generally the case
> >>not always though. Might want to wait a couple weeks and likely can
> >>find it even cheaper than $19.99 if you are that interested in it.
> >>

> > This could be why the lack of posts about it.
> >
> > I have found a $19.99 starting price is not always a bad thing. Tork,
> > though not the best game in the world, was good enough it could have had a
> > $29.99 starting price. he only 'problem' I had with it was the lack of
> > camera control, but after a few levels, it only became an 'issue'. The
> > final battle was worth the trip.
> >
> > Thanks for the input.
> >

> Best bet to find some actual imput from someone playing or who has
> played the game would be to go over to gamefaqs.com and look at the
> board for the game there. It might be a ghost town, dunno...but likely
> to find more good, bad ugly, on the game there if you don't like taking
> reviews/reviewers imput.

It's actually pretty good, but you've got to keep in mind that it *is* a budget
title. I just got done beating it today(it's not too terribly long). I liked
it...it's got some good action, decent control, amusing dialog and a great
soundtrack.

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Now what's your momma gonna say about this?"
- Marcus Hill, Narc