Skype Crash

Chikunnism

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Been having issues installing skype on my new computer. I would install it and the second I input my login information the computer freezes. I left it alone for about half an hour and nothing happens. I've tried reinstalling, garage skype beta 5, running as administrator and setting compatibility mode to Win 7. No help from the skype support forums and would really appreciate some input.

JackMomma

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
You may try digging around after an un-install and deleting any remaining skype folders, specifically any located in the appdata folder... those seem to become corrupt often, and will crash running versions of skype, so i suppose they could ruin the installation process too.

Chikunnism

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012

The reason I TRIED the beta is because the regular skype wont work.

Will try that now. Will let you know how it goes.

specopspc

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010

Might have to run a registry cleaner also. Some times they store their values there as well and like everyone mentioned before try to locate an older version. I personally use Iobit-uninstaller that I downloaded off Cnet, might wanna try and locate it. Does a great job uninstalling the actual program along with any other file associations--hence registry strings and other hidden associations with particular file you are trying to uninstall.

Cheers good luck!.

Chikunnism

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I already figured out what to do. Turns out it was being caused by debug mode being on. To anyone who has this issue, open up the command prompt and type in the following.

bcdedit -debug off

Reboot the computer and it will work.