Sound card PCI for Sennheiser HD 598 - 100€

Caspase

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Hello Tom's community!

I recently bought my Sennheiser HD 598 and I found my onboard sound doesn't quite do it justice. So (you can guess the rest can't you? I'll write it anyway :p) I am in need of a soundcard. Budget is 100€, I need it to be PCI slot since my gtx 670 ate the express slot on my gygabite ud3h.

If it matters I value surround sound for gaming, clarity for music essentialy classic and accoustic, and a built-in amp (if it doesn't have one I will buy the Fiio e9 or the asgard)

Please give me some suggestions, I will order from amazon uk!

On the PCI bus, you have a few options open to you.

First and formost: is the 598 loud enough using the onboard? If not, then a soundcard with an amp is probably needed, which limits you (price wise) to the ASUS Xonar DG.

If the 598's are currently loud enough, then you can probably do without an amp built into the soundcard. Your best options are the ASUS Xonar D1, HT Omega Striker, and if you can find one at the right price, an ASUS Xonar D2.

Caspase

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Yeah they are loud enough, they only have 50 ohms and I intend on buying an amp in the future. Mostly because impendance spikes at low frequencies which means the bass without an amp is lacking. Is there an option with a built in amp and good sound if I extend the budget by 50€?