This folder is a windows system folder and ...

After I install a fresh copy of windows xp pro on my computer ,I got the
following problems on my Document and setting folder:

1- instead of <administrator>,<all users>,and my login folder name (which is
<afshin> "my name") I have <administrator.st-1> (where st-1 is my computer
name), <afshin.pc-1?, <all users.windows> , <administrator.st-1> and finally
<afshin~1~pc->
If I delete <afshin~1~pc-> , <administrator.st-1> they will be appear on
the next reboot again.

2- I cannot rename or erase <afshin.pc-1> and <all users.windows> folders
,I get the following message when I attempt to do that :
This folder is a windows system folder and is required for windows to run
properly.it cannot be moved or rename
I have done all the explained steps on :
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421 but no success.

"A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote
| After I install a fresh copy of windows xp pro on my computer ,I got the
| following problems on my Document and setting folder:
|
| 1- instead of <administrator>,<all users>,and my login folder name (which is
| <afshin> "my name") I have <administrator.st-1> (where st-1 is my computer
| name), <afshin.pc-1?, <all users.windows> , <administrator.st-1> and finally
| <afshin~1~pc->
| If I delete <afshin~1~pc-> , <administrator.st-1> they will be appear on
| the next reboot again.
|
| 2- I cannot rename or erase <afshin.pc-1> and <all users.windows> folders
| ,I get the following message when I attempt to do that :
| This folder is a windows system folder and is required for windows to run
| properly.it cannot be moved or rename
| I have done all the explained steps on :
| http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421 but no success.

Control Panel
Users
Pick the account to change

I don't want to delete it ,I have a lot of information on that folder ,what
I am trying to do is changing the folder's name to be same as the login
name.
Thanks,

"A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in
| I don't want to delete it ,I have a lot of information on that folder ,what
| I am trying to do is changing the folder's name to be same as the login
| name.
| Thanks,
|

| "a nonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >
| > "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote
| > | After I install a fresh copy of windows xp pro on my computer ,I got the
| > | following problems on my Document and setting folder:
| > |
| > | 1- instead of <administrator>,<all users>,and my login folder name
| (which is
| > | <afshin> "my name") I have <administrator.st-1> (where st-1 is my
| computer
| > | name), <afshin.pc-1?, <all users.windows> , <administrator.st-1> and
| finally
| > | <afshin~1~pc->
| > | If I delete <afshin~1~pc-> , <administrator.st-1> they will be appear
| on
| > | the next reboot again.
| > |
| > | 2- I cannot rename or erase <afshin.pc-1> and <all users.windows>
| folders
| > | ,I get the following message when I attempt to do that :
| > | This folder is a windows system folder and is required for windows to
| run
| > | properly.it cannot be moved or rename
| > | I have done all the explained steps on :
| > | http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421 but no success.
| >

| > Control Panel
| > Users
| > Pick the account to change

The only way to do that is:
1. Create a new user account with the name that you want
2. Copy the files and settings from the old account to the new account
3. After you are certain that the new account is functioning correctly,
delete the old account

Thank you

> "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in
> | I don't want to delete it ,I have a lot of information on that folder
> ,what
> | I am trying to do is changing the folder's name to be same as the login
> | name.
> | Thanks,
> |

> | "a nonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | >
> | > "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote
> the
> | > |
> | (which is
> | computer
> | finally
> appear
> | on
> | > |
> | folders
> | run
> | >

> | > Control Panel
> | > Users
> | > Pick the account to change
>

> The only way to do that is:
> 1. Create a new user account with the name that you want
> 2. Copy the files and settings from the old account to the new account
> 3. After you are certain that the new account is functioning correctly,
> delete the old account

"A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote
| Thank you

You are welcome!