Dots flashing on screen? (XFX HD 6770)

GIDEON0907

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
i bought a XFX HD 6770 a week ago and installed it into my system, i was pleased with the performance and quality, until yesterday :( . I have been experiencing random coloured small shapes appearing on-screen, the shapes continue to flash there until the system has been rebooted. it seems to be triggered off by video content, i have tried resolving the problem by turning the fan speed up to 56% from the default 35% on the AMD vision control center application , still no luck. i have also tried lowering the resolution from 1920 x1080 to 1360 x 798. i have also tried switch from HDMI to DVI, still no luck. No overclocking has been done to this card.
please help !
ps. the card temperatures are as follows
At 0% activity the graphics card temperature is at 37 C ,this is with the default fan speed of 35%, near full load while gaming the card reached temperatures up to 49 C, again with the default fan speed of 35%.
The issues start to appear when motion content such as videos are loaded and playing. it is also shown when gaming, the textures will bug out in the same form of shapes on the desktop ,i tried a few games and this happened in all of them.

Please help, and thank you in advance. :)

my specs as follows:
AMD II x4 Phenom 965
Asus M4A77T/USB3 Motherboard
OCZ 600w PSU
8GB DDR3

Sounds like a bad video card. Everything else seems fine (including PSU). Usually whenever dots, color artifacts or weird things are happening on screen it has to do with a faulty GPU.

I would RMA the card and get a new one. RMA - return merchandise authorization.

Do you have another video card you could test out?