GTX 560 1GB and 2GB SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwensch

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Hello, i hope somebody can help me with my question;

I have one GTX 560 1GB, the card runs fine in Battlefield 3 but i can't use all the setttings with ultra. So i was thinking about adding another GTX 560 so i could play these games at Ultra setttings

Then i saw on some forum that bf3 has huge VRAM problems in SLI. Settings on ultra would use 1,5GB and because the default GTX 560 has only 1GB the game would have great fps problems

So i was thinking if i would buy another GTX 560 but a 2GB model, can i use this one in the first pci-e slot and the 1GB in the 2nd slot?

Should i have problems like microstuttering? (i heard about that but i have no SLI experiences.
The specs on the 2 cards have identical 1620 mhz shader clocks, 810 mhz core clock and 336 cuda cores, except the DDR5 memory

Specs 1GB:
http://home.scarlet.be/~dw459910/asus.pdf

2GB model
http://home.scarlet.be/~dw459910/gainward.pdf

Thank you very much for replying

There is no point in using a 2GB with your 1GB card as you would still only have 1GB of Vram. Both cards have to hold the same data, so 1GB on the 2GB card would never be used as it would be ignored by the drivers.

dwensch

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Sigh.. so for the moment there is no alternative? i'm low on cash and this gtx 560 in sli would be the best buy
just wanna play bf3 on ultra settings :(

dwensch

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
So i'm guessing that i have to buy a second GTX 560 1GB and change the texture settings to high instead of ultra but with all other settings on ultra and 4xAA the game would run good.?

I don't know if it would run any better as I don't have the game but I do know that SLi'ing a 2GB card with a 1GB card would be pointless as it would only give the same results as two 1GB cards would get.

monsta

Splendid
You can run custom settings in BF3 with 560ti 1 GB in SLI, I play mine at Ultra with AA switched off and the rest of the settings are at Ultra and the game plays very well. You will need more than 4gb of system ram for this tho for it to run smoothly.

dwensch

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Crap :( but i like AA...
Sigh i don't have the money atm to buy 2xgtx560's. Already had one, didnt knew bf3 was so vram demanding :(

So.. if buy it, it's a waste of money? Can you recommend some good gpu's that work with my current 500watt psu. I was gonna change it for the sli to a 700watt model

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS