Windows XP Backups

I've got two questions for whomever wants to tackle this. I have a Windows
XP (SP1).
Question #1: How do you do a backup before I install SP2? I already have
the files and folders in mind.

Question #2: When the files and/or folders are already on the CD-RW(that's
what I'll be using), how do you put them on SP2?
--
Regards,
Mike Lomax

For that use the File-Transfer-Wizard,set as old computer,load the data
in a new folder you create (desktop is good),when its thru,transfer folder
to a cd.You can specify which folders/files you want saved,then in SP2,run
as new computer.

"Mike Lomax" wrote:

> I've got two questions for whomever wants to tackle this. I have a Windows
> XP (SP1).
> Question #1: How do you do a backup before I install SP2? I already have
> the files and folders in mind.
>
> Question #2: When the files and/or folders are already on the CD-RW(that's
> what I'll be using), how do you put them on SP2?
> --
> Regards,
> Mike Lomax

If you do not have any problems installing XP SP2 you will not need to do
anything. The backup is just in case something goes wrong.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:19B6F6BD-7DA3-4C22-9565-25F6B7567F91@microsoft.com,