Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Budget Gaming build with low electricity consumption March 20, 2012

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 23, 2012 4:50:20 PM

Budget Gaming build with low electricity consumption March 20, 2012

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: March 20, 2012
BUDGET RANGE: $230- $300 Before / After Rebates, but playable in all latest games on decent settings.


SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:Gaming, surfing the net. (this is for 300 units Internet gaming cafe)

PARTS REQUIRED: Processor, Motherboard, RAM and Graphics card only.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Philippines

OVERCLOCKING: No SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080 (from 20” or 21.5” preferred brand Samsung, AOC or Asus). ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: low electricity consumption is very important.

1. Low cost gaming builds, but can perform gaming my target is all latest games playable on decent settings at a MONITOR RESOLUTION of 1920 x 1080. Plus Cost is important cause I need 300 units of gaming pc.
2. Durable parts for heavy usage like 15 to 20 hours a day.
3. Less Electricity consumption.
4. The gaming build should be cool no fans needed just one built in auxiliary fan.
5. Motherboard that can withstand frequent brownouts, cause in my country brown out happens almost twice a week. (Preffered brand mobo: Asus, Gygabyte, ASRock or Msi anybody can recommend other brand if they meet my needs )

heres my build...

CPU: i3 2100 - $115 or just use a Intel Pentium G850 $ 87
Mobo: ASRock H61M-VS - $45
RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 CAS9 1333Mhz kit ~$20
GPU: Radeon 6670, 6770, $95/$115

So about $260-320 depending on the graphics card and CPU.

Guys please help any recommendation is much appreciated... thanks in advance
a b 4 Gaming
March 23, 2012 5:46:07 PM

I think your parts list is definitely on the right track .

But you will need a more powerful graphics card to get good image details . A Radeon 6870 or 7770 If thay can fit n your budget

I also recommend you get a better hobby . 15 - 20 hours a day playing games will not be good for you
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 23, 2012 6:02:35 PM

Most games should be OK with that given that they're console ports.

But, if you plan to play 64-player maps in BF3, that setup will give you no AA and all detail to low at 1920x1080 with lots of choppiness. I say that because I live it (almost) every day with a similar setup.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 24, 2012 12:50:24 PM

sapphire hd 7750 or 7770 they should be around 6k-8k pesos.

the i3 2100 is good for 5,100 pesos =
asrock h61 is ok but best bet would be h67 from MSI check out cooltech/pcnetmiles from tpc or dynaquest/pc hub for those parts

if pc hub(you can't buy a processor without buying a mobo as budle or if you just want the processor you need to pay 2,000php more even if your only buying an i3 = in other words you would be paying 46-50$ more if your buying the processor without a mobo in bundle. not a good choice.

for ram a g.skill ripjaws /x/sniper 2x2gb is your best bet at 1333mhz/1600 whichever one you can find the cheapest.

you my friend need a UPS/AVR whatever mobo you use with a frequent brownout and stuff it will still get toasted. buy some cheap 300pesos/6$-7$ avr or something if it's out of your budget.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 24, 2012 1:28:18 PM

This will help with some parts of the PC and getting maximal efficiency: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/25w-performance-pc,...

However, I would DEFINITELY buy a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) since it would keep your PC running through the brownouts and give you time to shut down safely if necessary.
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 2:01:54 PM

If consumption is the biggest concern, buy a laptop. These are desinged to use little energy. If you want zero consumption gaming, go outside and play basketball.
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 2:11:52 PM

edit:

. Plus Cost is important cause I need 300 units of gaming pc.

seeing that are you going to use it on an internet cafe?
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 8:28:16 PM

Tavo_Nova said:
edit:

. Plus Cost is important cause I need 300 units of gaming pc.

seeing that are you going to use it on an internet cafe?



Yup Internet gaming cafe this is my fifth branch...
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 8:29:33 PM

ahthurungnone said:
If consumption is the biggest concern, buy a laptop. These are desinged to use little energy. If you want zero consumption gaming, go outside and play basketball.



sorry this is for internet gaming cafe 300 units not for me i dont play anymore :)  ...
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 8:33:51 PM

Tavo_Nova said:
sapphire hd 7750 or 7770 they should be around 6k-8k pesos.

the i3 2100 is good for 5,100 pesos =
asrock h61 is ok but best bet would be h67 from MSI check out cooltech/pcnetmiles from tpc or dynaquest/pc hub for those parts

if pc hub(you can't buy a processor without buying a mobo as budle or if you just want the processor you need to pay 2,000php more even if your only buying an i3 = in other words you would be paying 46-50$ more if your buying the processor without a mobo in bundle. not a good choice.

for ram a g.skill ripjaws /x/sniper 2x2gb is your best bet at 1333mhz/1600 whichever one you can find the cheapest.

you my friend need a UPS/AVR whatever mobo you use with a frequent brownout and stuff it will still get toasted. buy some cheap 300pesos/6$-7$ avr or something if it's out of your budget.


Thanks for the fast reply yeah i am planning to change the mother board to a MSI, asus or gigabyte... please help me find a good mobo for this build and do you think amd build would be better cause i think i can choose many mobo for amd build but my problem with amd is the heat and performance compare to intel now. even intel g 630 is good already in gaming plus less electricity consumption...
m
0
l
!