bwrlane

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010

Noctua NH-D14 is one of the best coolers you can buy. It outperforms the majority of the competition including many liquid coolers.

You will struggle to reach 4.8GHz on the 3770K ANYWAY, even with the best coolers, particularly with your ambient room temperature. This is more a SB than IB frequency - as I understand it, 4.5GHz is par for an IB 3770K such as yours - perhaps a bit lower given your room is hot. I have a SB 2700K, a NH-D14 and ambient temps in the low 20s; 4.8GHz is where I have left it. I could possibly go higher but I'm not comfortable with what happens to the voltage and temperatures when I do.

But it doesn't really matter. With an 3770K at eg 4.2GHz you have a very fast processor. There will be few situations in which you really feel you need more speed and you will not experience bottlenecking.

NB, it's an obvious point but for the avoidance of doubt: just because you have a high ambient temperature is not a reason to choose a liquid cooler. Both liquid and air coolers rely on the ambient temperature for cooling. In the case of an air cooler, the air is used to cool the components directly, while in the case of a liquid cooler, the air cools the liquid that cools the components.

yehia7000

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I dont understand you what is the cooler to buy , the temprature in room is around 40 and i want overclock it at least 4.6ghz,what is the best between those (Thermaltake Frio Extreme (140mm) or corsair h100 , or Noctua NH-D14)

bwrlane

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010

I was explaining that your room temperature makes no difference to your choice of cooler. All coolers will perform better in low temperatures and worse in high temperatures. Liquid coolers are affected by high room temperatures just as much as air coolers.

Personally, I would choose the Noctua NH-D14 but that is a personal choice. I understand the Corsair H100 is also excellent. Any of the leading coolers mentioned in this thread would do a good job.

I would strongly recommend that you don't overclock your 3770K 4.6GHz if your room temperature is 40 degrees. Under light workloads you will be fine but under max load you will have a temperature problem. This is only a guess but I would recommend that you reset your expectations to about 4.2GHz.

If you want anything above 4.5ghz you will go custom watercooling.