yeechester

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
lenovo a1 tablet im very curious as to what peoples thoughts are on tablets and how they work. i also have a few issues with the tablet as i am unsure about what it will be able to handle.

first off - the tablet can be purchased for $200, had a 2.3 android processor behind it, 7" screen

it will be used for schooling, mostly reading PDF's and other pieces of literature, also some replying on forums as i want to do that on the go, i WILL NOT be gaming or doing anything extensive with the device. i simply want it so i can walk around outside, in the house, basically anywhere i want to read/study/etc.

now the issues i have with it.. the 2.3 vs the 3.2 ... it shouldnt effect me as i want to read and write with it. security is also an issue as i am unsure of the security that the device will actually need. again, i will not be doing my banking or such on the device (that is what a desktop/laptop is for)

to finish, i was curious if anyone had a better option for me to look over... i would rather not go over the $200 but i do understand that you get what you pay for. so i will consider any possibility.

i thank you for taking the time to read this

i have been looking at the blackberry playbook since i made this inquisition and i am liking what i am hearing thus far... i am not an avid blackberry user as i have never owned one... apps do not really matter to me as i have already stated i want this for wandering around while i study lol... ... one issue i may have is with no microsoft word app... i can view documents but i cannot modify them at all. this is a downside but there is always a work around with issues such as this.

the main questions are: will one of these devices suffice for my needs? which one would preform/function best? are there any other competitors within this price range $0-$300? (remember that both the BB playbook and lenovo cost $200.)

Solution
Well in my country the Lenovo is being sold in almost all the malls and even many computer stores. it's like it's always there, so far it's a cheaper one that can do similar if not almost the same as the BB PB.although Lenovo is not as big as EVGA, ASUS or Sony, Samsung, LG or acer or nokia or those other big companies. it does however performs well for the price you paid for it. same thing with BB.

but i highly suggest is that you grab the cheaper one you can get and of course make sure that the warranty is great like lets say bb got 5 year warranty and like 250$ while lenovo got 10year warranty 280$ then i suggest going with BB as I doubt you would stick to it that long.

I was looking around in Asia at least the Lenovo has great...

yeechester

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
the reason for putting this in the system tab is simply because i know of many users who use the systems more than most other forums on TOM. and i am looking for quick thoughts vs preferences from user experience.
thanks for your time

yeechester

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010

hi tavo, thank you for your reply. could you possibly elaborate on your idea. why would the lenovo be better? simply because it is cheaper? more apps? better build quality?

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Well in my country the Lenovo is being sold in almost all the malls and even many computer stores. it's like it's always there, so far it's a cheaper one that can do similar if not almost the same as the BB PB.although Lenovo is not as big as EVGA, ASUS or Sony, Samsung, LG or acer or nokia or those other big companies. it does however performs well for the price you paid for it. same thing with BB.

but i highly suggest is that you grab the cheaper one you can get and of course make sure that the warranty is great like lets say bb got 5 year warranty and like 250$ while lenovo got 10year warranty 280$ then i suggest going with BB as I doubt you would stick to it that long.

I was looking around in Asia at least the Lenovo has great warranty service and bb has great warranty too but sometimes just more expensive.

since you did say this

"it will be used for schooling, mostly reading PDF's and other pieces of literature, also some replying on forums as i want to do that on the go, i WILL NOT be gaming or doing anything extensive with the device. i simply want it so i can walk around outside, in the house, basically anywhere i want to read/study/etc. "

just get one who has better warranty service in your area and of course if the price is right

Solution

yeechester

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
thank you for your help Tavo. im going to go with the BB... whats the worst that could happen ;p haha $250 isnt to bad for giving something a try that ive never used before... plus it does everything i need with a decent warranty.

once again thanks for bumping heads with me