ADVICE PLS: How suppress Windows hotkeys in Opera?

Archived from groups: opera.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Is it possible for an application like my Opera browser to suppress
selected hotkeys assigned in Windows?

------

For example, in WinXP I have assigned CTRL + SHIFT + W to launch a
particular application.

However that same hotkey combination is used by Opera to close all
Windows.

I could re-assign the hotkey in either Windows or Opera but I will
keep on hitting this problem in other cases.

-----

Can I get Opera to ignore a particular WinXP hotkey and have Opera
use its own setting for that hotkey?

Alternatively, is there some WinXP parameter (or something like that)
which can be used when WinXP launches an application which supresses
certain hotkeys?

Jane

crossposted to:
opera.general
microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
1 answer Last reply
More about advice suppress windows hotkeys opera
  1. Archived from groups: opera.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    If Opera 7.54 then click Tools, Preferences, Mouse & Keyboard.
    Also, visit the Opera Forums - http://my.opera.com/forums/

    "Jane D" <Jane_Daw@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Is it possible for an application like my Opera browser to suppress
    > selected hotkeys assigned in Windows?
    >
    > ------
    >
    > For example, in WinXP I have assigned CTRL + SHIFT + W to launch a
    > particular application.
    >
    > However that same hotkey combination is used by Opera to close all
    > Windows.
    >
    > I could re-assign the hotkey in either Windows or Opera but I will
    > keep on hitting this problem in other cases.
    >
    > -----
    >
    > Can I get Opera to ignore a particular WinXP hotkey and have Opera
    > use its own setting for that hotkey?
    >
    > Alternatively, is there some WinXP parameter (or something like that)
    > which can be used when WinXP launches an application which supresses
    > certain hotkeys?
    >

    > Jane

    > crossposted to:
    > opera.general
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Configuration Opera Microsoft Customization Windows XP