How can I lock this case?

I would drill two holes through the base and through the desk where the Pc will live, then anchor it using coachbolts to the desk,
If you wanted to secure the sidepanel from being opened and allowing access to the nut side of the bolts then one hole in the rear and one in the panel will let you feed a wirelock like a cycle or helmet lock through and prevent unauthorised access to the goodies inside
Moto

its already supposed to have a side panel lock of some sort, although I am not seeing it

Top-level Security
Consisting of a specially designed PCI-bracket located at the rear of the main chassis body, Storm Guard locks your peripherals and side panel firmly in place to protect your PC and gaming gear from thieves and other thuggish individuals.

A lock cable could probably be threaded though that storm guard slot too, or you could just go through the handles. no drilling required. but any cable is only gonna take 5 seconds with a bolt cutter. better off to keep your room locked

Any method of delaying them is a good thing,
totally agree on room locking for a start hehe, and replace the thumbscrews with something not as easy to beat,
If someone is coming to take it with boltcutters, screwdriver etc then they are obviously wanting it badly, most opportunists wouldn't have any gear with them at all
Moto

Uther39

Distinguished

Yes there are several types of booby traps you could set up with your case, but my preferred one, is to make a hole in the desk under where the computer will sit, i then fashion a false compartment where the hole is, in that compartment i place one times claymore mine primed, the detonator actuator is then held in place by the weight of the computer case.

So when the thieving little toe rags pick up your PC they get blown into tiny little pieces, mind you so does your PC, but at least your mind will be at rest and satisfied in the knowledge that not only did they not get away with your PC, but also will not be able to steal anything ever again plus think of the service you have paid to society and the 1000s of dollars/pounds you have saved the hard earning tax payer.

Uther39

Distinguished
PCBOOBYTRAP.png

TRENDING THREADS