Sign in with
Your question

New build questions

Last response: in Systems
March 23, 2012 6:49:33 PM

Just got finished building my new rig last night.. i have 2 questions...

1. I have a Radeon 7970 and i also have a Palit Geforce GTS 450 platinum that i want to use in conjuction with the Radeon.. I want to use the Geforce card for physx only... Any help on setting that up would be great..

2. I have a new SSD in my new build.. My old build had no SSD's.. what i wanna do here is figure out is there anyway to copy all my old software/games from the old hard drives without having to reinstall everything? fresh intall of win7 ultimate x64 is on the SSD.. And all my old drives are still intact but i want my SSD to be the boot drive since it will have greatest performance.. Win7 has something built in but i never used it.. is it any good?

Those are my questions..

new build consists of:
AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
SAPPHIRE 21197-00-40G Radeon HD 7970 3GB
COUGAR CMX 1000 COUGAR-1000CMX 1000W
Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 2TB 5900 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion
TRENDnet TEW-623PI 32-Bit PCI Rev. 2.1/2.2/2.3 Wireless N Adapter
Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Wrath Wireless USB Connector Circumaural Gaming Headset
Logitech C910 USB 2.0 1080p HD Pro Webcam
Logitech Performance Black Tilt Wheel 2.4 GHz Wireless Laser Mouse MX

all nestled in a NZXT Phantom PHAN-002OR Newegg Exclusive Black Finish w/Orange Trim Case..
had a monitor but had to sell it for bill money. So ill be looking to pick up a nice HDTV or LED monitor next week..

thanks in advance..

More about : build questions

March 23, 2012 11:25:59 PM

well i got physx processes to be offloaded to my GTS 450...

probs im having now is.. Cant get my 2TB drive to show up in Windows 7 64-bit.. i did minor research and read something about AHCI i tried enabling it but when i do Win7 refuses to boot.. so any help on getting my 2TB drive to show up would be greatly appreciated.. its in the control panel and device manager and everything.. but when i goto my computer its not there..

Also still havent found an easy way to migrate all of my applications and settings i guess ill just fresh reinstall everything.. Im a gamer and this is gonna be a pain.. I play mainly MMO's and the downloads are huge.. swtor bf3 wow eq 1 and 2 i play all of those games and more.. i got 10mbit inet but it still will take long..

does anyone think if i copied my files over and just reinstalled the games they will repair themselves with the data i already have? im just trying to not spend my whole weekend downloading
m
l
!