Crazy temps on phenom 955 running prime 95

just ran prime 95 for 50 minutes on my phenom 955 with a stock cooler, are my temps normal?

apparently max temp for the 955 is 62 degrees Celsius =/

10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about crazy temps phenom running prime
  1. That's fine
  2. Pics not working man, prime will push your chip so what temps were you getting?
    I shut down if it hits 70'c but as you saw, 62'c is the 'limit'
    I also assume your not overclocking at all and are on stock voltage?
    **Edit, pic worked upon refresh as I posted.
    40'c is a high idle temp, whats your room temps there? I'd definitely look to improving your case airflow anyway
  3. He's hitting 67'c there on max Pin,
    I get stroppy when I break 50'c gaming :P
  4. yeah i should probably get an after market cooler. i was only wondering because when playing games i stutter sometimes. could high temps cause that?

i remember when the guy that installed the cpu he used a crap load of thermal paste, some diamond company brand.

do you guys think if i repaste thermal paste my temps will go down?

my graphics card is fine by the way i tested it for artifating and got nothing.

and iv got a gtx 560 ti
  5. Yes, heat can cause stuttering, I would go for an aftermarket cooler, and you'll know the pasting has been done properly then as well
    IC Diamonds a decent enough paste if thats what he used
    and has a low burn in period,
  6. yeah i think im just gonna buy some artic silver and just repaste it. i hope i dont bend any cpu's. how the hell am i supposed to get the heatsink off the cpu the guy put like a crap load onto the cpu
  7. Motopsychojdn said:
    He's hitting 67'c there on max Pin,
    I get stroppy when I break 50'c gaming :P

67c is nothing to worry about. What seems hot to us is like a nice summer breeze to most CPUs.
  8. Best answer
    @Ascend, undo the screws on the H/s and gently rotate it to break the seal, it should come off easily as thermal paste isn't normally adhesive.
    google 'cleaning thermal paste' and gluetube should have a billion videos on it for you,
    @Pinhead, I use 70'c as my ceiling as mentioned but I would still want as low as possible temps, I get maybe 50/52'c playing Me2 for about six hours and I rate that as hot hehe
  9. Best answer selected by ascendphx.
  10. Glad to help man, Thank you for B.a.
    let us know how you get on :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Celsius Phenom