Sign in with
Your question

Expert Advice On New Build

Last response: in Systems
March 23, 2012 7:37:30 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Early April

Budget Range: $2000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, watching movies, video editing

Parts Not Required:NA

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...

Parts Preferences: Intel, Full Tower, ATX

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920*1080. Up for suggestions on other monitors, preferably bigger size and better quality

Additional Comments: I am looking mainly for information of my GPU v. my use. ***Also information on if my Corsair H100 with fit the case(Open to suggestions on good cases with proper airflow, and that fits my PCU appropriately)***OTHER INFO ON PART COMPATIBILITY WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. Thank you guys :) 

More about : expert advice build

March 23, 2012 8:55:13 PM

I wouldn't consider myself an expert, and you'll find that most people on Tom's don't have a degree in Computer Science (not that I do), but I am willing to give a some informed suggestions.

The HAF 932 is a great full tower with some sexy LED choices. HAF is an acronym for High Air Flow, and my mid-tower 912 lives up to it's title.

An i5 2500K with a Hyper 212 Evo will work wonders whether OC'd or not. An i7 2600K also works if you feel "spendy".

ASUS makes the best monitors (in my humble opinion), as far as picture quality goes.

The Radeon 7970 destroys ALL at that price point. SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC Version
I have dirty dreams about that video card. Don't even get me started on a CrosFire setup.

16GB of ram, or 32GB if you're a *insert synonym for greedy*. #ramdriveftw

These are the most ridicules specs I could dream up.
March 23, 2012 9:25:31 PM

16GB RAM isn't needed. Also the 7950 and 7970 crush the 580. Get the 2500K instead, and also get a 6.0GB/s HDD. Also I don't recommend CM mouses, try Steelseries or Corsair. Haf 932 FTW
March 23, 2012 9:26:03 PM

Btw, I have a DasKeyboard, FRIKIN AWESOME!!!
!