fmeyer8002

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
I am just wondering, and this may not be the right place to ask, why we don't see more information on AMD products and CPUs moe specifically. In order to get much info you have to dig deep through bunches of benchmark tests while you can almost always find Intel, and NVidia for that matter splattered all over the articles area? I know that they,Intel & NVidia, have deep pockets and can get products to flood the market giving more items to report about. I am sorry but things just seem a little lopsided.

Solution
OK, I'm going this way since I am using the 790FX chip-set for the past 3 years too. Choice is the Saber-tooth 990FX or the Cross-hair V Formula.
Since I already have the HD7850 and 12800 GSkill Ripjaws (16GB) and a 965BE, The Intel SSD is doing just fine and have ample platter space to handle everything else.

I will be waiting to see what pile driver has to offer before I upgrade my CPU to the new lot. I was really looking forward to the FX BD but am a little worried about the efficiency per watt... hopefully the PD might change that to something more ecologically economical.
For the average user like me, who does something of everything, I think any processor would have done, today's generation of processors seem to be doing anything...
It only makes you wonder if Intel purposely made fake benches to make them get more sales, Don't get me wrong Intel is fast, but I seen a few benchmarks of the same thing and Intel is smoking AMD buy a vary larg margin, Then I see other where AMD is beating Intel in the same test, both same CPU's just different websites. There is more to it then just saying Intel is the king of CPU's. Mobo, ram, video plays an important part, and sadly some of these so called fanboys purposely make 1 another look bad when they clearly trade blows in different benchmarks.

I run an AMD 1100T and I can't complain, it does what I want it to, If I could get an intel 980x for the price of the 1100T I would of got that, but for just a small performance boost in games, $1000 bucks im not spending when I could put that money in something like a better video card, or SSD for less.

Serrix

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Its all hard to decide upon. Like stated, you find tons of benchmarks saying different about both AMD and Intel/NVidia; sometimes Intel is raping AMD and the other way around. It is true that AMD does work very well. It seems at the moment though that Intel is just on top of the CPU market with even price and upgradable paths. We'll just see what next gen AMD CPU and APUs have to show.

fmeyer8002

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

I am considering building a new gaming system. My system is 3+ years old and is starting to show it's age. I have an ASUS M4A79-T Deluxe with an AMD Phenom II X4 955, 8GB RAM, BFG GTX 285 runnning Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I am trying to get as much info as I can on AMD CPUs and compatable motherboards. It has always seemed to me that Intel is a good CPU, though every time I try to build one it just doesn't come together for some reason. Maybe I am alergic to Intel :) It also seems to me that AMD seems to do better in gaming and are always a great bang for the buck. I just want to build an AS* Kicking gaming system. I already know I want to go with at least 1 SSD, possibly a large Raptor or other high speed data drive, 2 AMD XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB video cards in Crossfire, and at least 16GB DDR3 (the fastest the MB can handle).

fmeyer8002

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

I am considering building a new gaming system. My system is 3+ years old and is starting to show it's age. I have an ASUS M4A79-T Deluxe with an AMD Phenom II X4 955, 8GB RAM, BFG GTX 285 runnning Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I am trying to get as much info as I can on AMD CPUs and compatable motherboards. It has always seemed to me that Intel is a good CPU, though every time I try to build one it just doesn't come together for some reason. Maybe I am alergic to Intel :) It also seems to me that AMD seems to do better in gaming and are always a great bang for the buck. I just want to build an AS* Kicking gaming system. I already know I want to go with at least 1 SSD, possibly a large Raptor or other high speed data drive, 2 AMD XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB video cards in Crossfire, and at least 16GB DDR3 (the fastest the MB can handle).

fmeyer8002

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

OK, I'm going this way since I am using the 790FX chip-set for the past 3 years too. Choice is the Saber-tooth 990FX or the Cross-hair V Formula.
Since I already have the HD7850 and 12800 GSkill Ripjaws (16GB) and a 965BE, The Intel SSD is doing just fine and have ample platter space to handle everything else.

I will be waiting to see what pile driver has to offer before I upgrade my CPU to the new lot. I was really looking forward to the FX BD but am a little worried about the efficiency per watt... hopefully the PD might change that to something more ecologically economical.
For the average user like me, who does something of everything, I think any processor would have done, today's generation of processors seem to be doing anything you throw at them within minutes, so that really doesn't make much of a difference to me. Yes, my OS loading time and loading time for other stuff does make me go a little crazy from time to time, until I invested in a SSD. Now I don't have much to complain about.
The only thing now that I look forward to is reducing my electricity bill.....

Solution

fmeyer8002

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

I am tempted to stick with what I have because I am not 100% on the FX train and am waiting for the next gen from AMD. I am planing on at least 1 SSD and 2 AMD XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB video cards in Crossfire. The biggest reason I am thinking of a total rebuild in because my MB is dying a slow painful death. One dead SATA and 2 dead USB. Hoping I can bit and piece it but want to be ready if need to do a new build.