Weird MOBO/case problems

Excentrikz

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
My build
I7-950
X58a-ud3r (thought this board was dead, boots outside of case but not in)
X58sabertooth (new board, won't give me any monitor signal, figured because the ram I have is not compatible. But will turn on inside and out of the case)
6 GBs of gskill ram (compatible with ud3r, but not the sabertooth)
120gb plextor ssd
1 tb caviar black
750w corsair power supply
HAF 932

On Sunday I had a small wooden tube collide and hit my computer case. Upon this happening my computer froze so i turned it off and then back on and it would turn on then shut off about 10 seconds later.

I decided to turn the power supply on and off and upon doing this my computer would no longer turn on at all.

I figured my power supply died or something so I went to best buy and bought a new one. I plugged everything in and to no avail the computer would still not turn on.

I next dayed a new MOBO and it got here and I installed it in the case and it powered up fine, except for I get absolutely no signal to the monitor. Absolutely nothing, not even a solid black screen showing it at least recognizes the computer is on. I figured that it was because the ram for my old board is not on the QVL for the new one. So now I have new ram on the way for the new board.

So that's my story. My big question is does anyone kno why my old MOBO will work fine outside of my HAF 932 but won't do anything if it's installed in the case.

I figured maybe a case shortage but wouldn't that also apply to the new board as well? The new board powers on fine inside the case except I get no signal which I figured is due to having incompatible/no ram

I need some serious help as this has had me frustrated for the past week