Sign in with
Your question

Windows install Problem

Last response: in Systems
March 23, 2012 8:22:23 PM

Hello, I just built my new system and I could not install Windows on it because the installation said there isn't a hard drive in the system so I swapped to a different HDD but same problem, however both of them can be seen in BIOS. What is the problem? I have seen so many people post this on other forums but there wasn't an answer that would fix my problem.

Here are my specs:
Case - CoolerMaster 690 II (Not Advanced and Not Pro)
Graphics Card - Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 (1GB GDDR5)
Motherboard - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
HDD - WesternDigital Caviar Green, 1TB
CPU - AMD FX 4100 (4 Core)
RAM - corsair vengeance (I threw the box away so here are some information from the top of my head: Non ECC Buffered, 8GB = 2x 4GB, Black, With Heatsink)

a b B Homebuilt system
March 24, 2012 10:27:56 AM

donoskaro said:
Hello, I just built my new system and I could not install Windows on it because the installation said there isn't a hard drive in the system so I swapped to a different HDD but same problem, however both of them can be seen in BIOS. What is the problem? I have seen so many people post this on other forums but there wasn't an answer that would fix my problem.

Here are my specs:
Case - CoolerMaster 690 II (Not Advanced and Not Pro)
Graphics Card - Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 (1GB GDDR5)
Motherboard - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
HDD - WesternDigital Caviar Green, 1TB
CPU - AMD FX 4100 (4 Core)
RAM - corsair vengeance (I threw the box away so here are some information from the top of my head: Non ECC Buffered, 8GB = 2x 4GB, Black, With Heatsink)

Go into bios and make sure the disk controller setting is AHCI and not IDE. Also check that the disk controller is not in RAID mode. Hope this helps. :) 
a b B Homebuilt system
March 24, 2012 11:08:55 AM

If you are trying to load XP then you will need to hit the 'F6' key durring setup and load the SATA controlers driver.... it came with the motherboard.
Related resources
March 24, 2012 1:39:14 PM

Thanks Guys I will try to do it ASAP when I get back.
March 24, 2012 1:48:08 PM

Ok the results are negative. If i change the controller to AHCI the DvD drive does not load and when I press F6 key it does not do anything ! (even if i press it when the F6 key message displays) What to do?
a b B Homebuilt system
March 24, 2012 1:58:19 PM

donoskaro said:
Ok the results are negative. If i change the controller to AHCI the DvD drive does not load and when I press F6 key it does not do anything ! (even if i press it when the F6 key message displays) What to do?

Did you make sure you are not in raid mode?
!