Those of you getting Doom3 CE for Doom 1 and 2

The controls are messed up. You have to hold the left trigger to speed up,
and you move slightly drunkenly. Also, it might have been the TV I was
playing on, but there's some weird pixelation, like the image was streched.

--
The Kitchen Sink
http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/m/gmagnus/

God Magnus said

> The controls are messed up. You have to hold the left trigger to speed
> up, and you move slightly drunkenly. Also, it might have been the TV I
> was playing on, but there's some weird pixelation, like the image was
> streched.

View bob gone wild. That's the best way to describe the controls problems.
Also, Options are gone, so you cant change the sound and music volume. The
DB Shotdun in Doom 2 was placed in between the fist and the chainsaw! It
goes fist, db shotgun, It doesn't tell you when you find a secret area. At
least the graphics look better on my TV than the one I played it on before.

--
The Kitchen Sink
http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/m/gmagnus/

> > Ah, I didn't realize "The Master Levels" wasn't actually Final Doom.
> > Hmmmm,
> > sounds kind of interesting. Is it an id authorized(or authored) expansion,
> > or
> > just one of those third part, unauthorized sort of things? Did they add
> > anything(weapons, enemies, etc)?
>
> Yeah it's an actual expansion. I think it even came out before "Final Doom".
> It was in response to all those 1,000 level packs being cranked out by
> third parties. It included 20 "Master" levels created by id, then also a
> huge collection of customer-created levels culled from the net. No new
> monsters/weapons just levels.

Hmmmmm, sounds decent...well, sounds like Final Doom(and Doom 2 for that
matter), but more Doom is good Doom...;)

> > game.
> > Makes me wonder if they are using voxels(like the items in Shadow Warrior)
> > or
> > they are actually in true 3D(which I find hard to believe as the BUILD
> > engine
> > isn't true 3D).
>
> The Build engine was tweaked by the original author (Silverman) with help
> from another programmer so now its true 3-D with full GL support. The bad
> guys are still of the "paper mario" variety :). But there is an expansion
> pack I DLed that adds "true" 3-D monsters.

Interesting. I wonder, are they planning on doing anything for other games that
use the BUILD engine? Shadow Warrior would be a nice choice, and of course,
PowerSlave.

> Actually I have a similar pack
> for Doom that does the same thing. For whatever reason I still prefer the
> old fashioned graphics. The GL filters really make them look pretty good
> as-is.

Yeah, from the pics I've seen they look damn-slick. Reminds me of the pics I've
seen for N64 Doom, but no nearly as blurry.

> > I think Unreal Tournament is about as close as it gets to that...Duke is
> > king,
> > no doubt. I am eagerly awaiting the messiah's return...and just praying my
> > PC
> > can run his latest ass-whipping fest. ;)
>
> Those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!
>
> - Cryo

I like how they shoot down his ride in virtually every Duke game out there(in
Zero Hour on N64 he goes "What do those bastards have against my ride!?" upon
them shooting down a chopper he's riding). ;)

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Now what's your momma gonna say about this?"
- Marcus Hill, Narc