Is this a good build only my 2nd one wanna make sure if im heading in a good dir

here is the main things:

Z77 Extreme6 mother board

Core i7-3770 (ivy bridge)

GeForce GTX 570 graphics card

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)

KINGWIN LZP-850 850W ATX 12V v2.2 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
9 answers Last reply
More about good build wanna make heading good
  1. Hmmm... A 7870 is much better than the 580. But, we have to know your use. Gaming? AutoCAD? Video editing?
  2. GAMING PHOTO EDITING AND MOVIES
  3. Good, but IB isn't out, and won't offer huge performance increases. It'll also be more expensive. I suggest you get an i5 2500K and a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271

However, You're still being vague. Give us a list of the programs you're working with. Do they need CUDA? Do they need OpenCL? Are you a professional photographer? Are you working with huge files? Unless you properly ask for a new build, we won't be able to help. Not being rude, but please follow the guidelines Proximon posted.
  4. Approximate Purchase Date: between july and end of august

Budget Range: 1200.00 Before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies,photo editing really just using photo-shop software )

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers,burner or cd rom/drive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, but not choosy

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: whatever the best is

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1440x900

i save a lot of pictures on my computer and financial information that i keep a couple years at a time and i go on web alot to do couponing so i keep alot of templates from excel
  5. i also play games like dragon age fable oblivion and a bunch of other rpg games
  6. You need less CPU and more GPU up front then :)

I'm not going to give you any specific parts recommendations 4 months off, because too much will change.

Yes, if you were buying today it would be a 7870 and an i5 2500K, with 8GB of RAM. Or possibly a GTX 680.
  7. Oh, and you need to include a new monitor into the build... 1920x1080 I would suggest.
  8. Get a 2500k and a 680. Killer combo. And 4gb of ram. Photoshop doesn't need a fast video card. Just needs a good cpu.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product