send free texts from your pc still available?

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

i was told that orange use to have a free send text message to a phone, from
your pc. this was on oranges web page.

i have asked several sales people at orange and they dont seem to know about
it.

does it still exist? or does anyone know of a similar send free text message
from your pc service.

many thanks john west
6 answers Last reply
More about send free texts available
  1. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    Yes still there under 'send a text message'. you can send up to 30 per
    month 120 characters each.

    Hope that helps

    Simon Clark
    Business Telecoms
  2. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    <simonclark123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Yes still there under 'send a text message'. you can send up to 30 per
    > month 120 characters each.
    > Hope that helps
    > Simon Clark
    > Business Telecoms

    Go to http://www.orange.co.uk/emailandorganise/ and sign in,
    send text message is in the menu on the left hand side - about 2/3 down

    Also http://www.B4U.co.uk has free WebSMS, with DQ and electoral roll look ups

    Steve Terry
  3. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net declared for all the world to hear...
    > i was told that orange use to have a free send text message to a phone, from
    > your pc. this was on oranges web page.
    >
    > i have asked several sales people at orange and they dont seem to know about
    > it.
    >
    > does it still exist? or does anyone know of a similar send free text message
    > from your pc service.

    There is PC Messenger, but it doesn't enable you to send free texts. You
    get something like 50 when you start using it. It's a small outlook
    plugin which integrates quite nicely with the phonebook. Only glitch I
    can see is that only entries with a mobile number *and* an email address
    will show up in the PC Messenger phonebook.

    http://www.orange.co.uk/pcmessenger
    --
    Regards
    Jon

    "jw 111" <blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net> skrev i meddelandet
    > i was told that orange use to have a free send text message to a phone,
    from
    > your pc. this was on oranges web page.
    >
    > i have asked several sales people at orange and they dont seem to know
    about
    > it.
    >
    > does it still exist? or does anyone know of a similar send free text
    message
    > from your pc service.

    It very much depends on which Orange we are talking about.

    Denmark (now Telia)
    Belgium
    France
    Romania
    Switzerland
    UK

    or...?
  5. Well you could use a web based service.
    I know one that is free but does not work all the time (freetxtuk.com) I guess they have too much traffic, but it's worth giving a try.
  6. yaojohn said:
    bennyben said:
    haven't you tried new website by REDACTED - SS? it's really nice site and doesn't have limit at all..it is very useful..

    I am using this website for almost three months.They have a good service so far..I don't experience any hassle in sending sms..

    Is this software available for android devices. I mean do they have any app version to be installed on the phone?

Mobile Phones