send free texts from your pc still available?

Last response: in Technologies
June 3, 2005 11:24:03 PM

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

i was told that orange use to have a free send text message to a phone, from
your pc. this was on oranges web page.

i have asked several sales people at orange and they dont seem to know about
it.

does it still exist? or does anyone know of a similar send free text message
from your pc service.

many thanks john west

More about : send free texts

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 11:24:04 PM

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

Yes still there under 'send a text message'. you can send up to 30 per
month 120 characters each.

Hope that helps

Simon Clark
Business Telecoms
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 12:50:02 AM

<simonclark123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes still there under 'send a text message'. you can send up to 30 per
> month 120 characters each.
> Hope that helps
> Simon Clark
> Business Telecoms

Go to http://www.orange.co.uk/emailandorganise/ and sign in,
send text message is in the menu on the left hand side - about 2/3 down

Also http://www.B4U.co.uk has free WebSMS, with DQ and electoral roll look ups

Steve Terry
Related resources
June 4, 2005 1:38:36 AM

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net declared for all the world to hear...
> i was told that orange use to have a free send text message to a phone, from
> your pc. this was on oranges web page.
>
> i have asked several sales people at orange and they dont seem to know about
> it.
>
> does it still exist? or does anyone know of a similar send free text message
> from your pc service.

There is PC Messenger, but it doesn't enable you to send free texts. You
get something like 50 when you start using it. It's a small outlook
plugin which integrates quite nicely with the phonebook. Only glitch I
can see is that only entries with a mobile number *and* an email address
will show up in the PC Messenger phonebook.

http://www.orange.co.uk/pcmessenger
--
Regards
Jon

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

"jw 111" <blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net> skrev i meddelandet
> i was told that orange use to have a free send text message to a phone,
from
> your pc. this was on oranges web page.
>
> i have asked several sales people at orange and they dont seem to know
about
> it.
>
> does it still exist? or does anyone know of a similar send free text
message
> from your pc service.

It very much depends on which Orange we are talking about.

Denmark (now Telia)
Belgium
France
Romania
Switzerland
UK

or...?
October 4, 2008 10:44:41 AM

Well you could use a web based service.
I know one that is free but does not work all the time (freetxtuk.com) I guess they have too much traffic, but it's worth giving a try.
March 8, 2014 3:20:03 AM

yaojohn said:
bennyben said:
haven't you tried new website by REDACTED - SS? it's really nice site and doesn't have limit at all..it is very useful..

I am using this website for almost three months.They have a good service so far..I don't experience any hassle in sending sms..

Is this software available for android devices. I mean do they have any app version to be installed on the phone?

!