cleaning the mouse

WOuld you say that it is all right to open your mouse and blow the dust away
on it occasionally because of build up?? Same for the keyboard?? Curious
because my mouse fell and one of the pieces in there (with a coil-like
thing) was making noise-I think it moved around & opened it up to see if I
could put it back in place-mouse does not work-have to fuss with it to click
on something.
ANYWAYS, i noticed fuzzy dust in it so I was wondering if people make this a
point to do occasionally.
Know that this is not a windows question but have read hear readers
discussing other things too.

--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

Cleaning your mouse - How to clean - Mouse Problems
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/maintenance/mouse_problem_maintenance.htm

Cleaning your keyboard - How to clean your computer keyboard
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/maintenance/cleaning-keyboard.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:OhglucvsEHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
RustyM <RM@RMcom> hunted and pecked:
> WOuld you say that it is all right to open your mouse and blow the
> dust away on it occasionally because of build up?? Same for the
> keyboard?? Curious because my mouse fell and one of the pieces in
> there (with a coil-like thing) was making noise-I think it moved
> around & opened it up to see if I could put it back in place-mouse
> does not work-have to fuss with it to click on something.
> ANYWAYS, i noticed fuzzy dust in it so I was wondering if people make
> this a point to do occasionally.
> Know that this is not a windows question but have read hear readers
> discussing other things too.

Step-By-Step: Keep a Clean Keyboard & Mouse
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,112041,pg,1,00.asp

Information about cleaning computer components
http://www.computerhope.com/cleaning.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

RustyM <RM@RMcom> asked:

> WOuld you say that it is all right to open your mouse and blow the
> dust away on it occasionally because of build up??

Throw that primitive mechanical mouse away... now's your chance to get a
good optical mouse. You'll never have to clean any more mouse balls.

--
Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com
Charles Gillen -- Reston, Virginia, USA

But they don't work as well as a good mechanical mouse.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Charles Gillen" <see-my-sig@below.com> wrote in message news:Xns9583AD6738462gillen@216.194.192.13...
> RustyM <RM@RMcom> asked:
>
>> WOuld you say that it is all right to open your mouse and blow the
>> dust away on it occasionally because of build up??
>
> Throw that primitive mechanical mouse away... now's your chance to get a
> good optical mouse. You'll never have to clean any more mouse balls.
>
> --
> Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com
> Charles Gillen -- Reston, Virginia, USA

zulu

Logitech MX1000 laser mouse *should* be better than...
(I want one!)
:)

"David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
But they don't work as well as a good mechanical mouse.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Charles Gillen" <see-my-sig@below.com> wrote in message
> RustyM <RM@RMcom> asked:
>
>> WOuld you say that it is all right to open your mouse and blow the
>> dust away on it occasionally because of build up??
>
> Throw that primitive mechanical mouse away... now's your chance to get a
> good optical mouse. You'll never have to clean any more mouse balls.
>
> --
> Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com
> Charles Gillen -- Reston, Virginia, USA

I used to use the male mouse, now I'm using a female mouse... the kind
without the balls. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%234tVaeysEHA.2536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
David Candy <david@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> But they don't work as well as a good mechanical mouse.
>
>> RustyM <RM@RMcom> asked:
>>
>>> WOuld you say that it is all right to open your mouse and blow the
>>> dust away on it occasionally because of build up??
>>
>> Throw that primitive mechanical mouse away... now's your chance to
>> get a good optical mouse. You'll never have to clean any more mouse
>> balls.
>>
>> --
>> Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com
>> Charles Gillen -- Reston, Virginia, USA

I just use em and toss them aside when I finish.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OHxpMb4sEHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I used to use the male mouse, now I'm using a female mouse... the kind
> without the balls. ;-)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:%234tVaeysEHA.2536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
> David Candy <david@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>> But they don't work as well as a good mechanical mouse.
>>
>>> RustyM <RM@RMcom> asked:

>>> Throw that primitive mechanical mouse away... now's your chance to
>>> get a good optical mouse. You'll never have to clean any more mouse
>>> balls.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com
>>> Charles Gillen -- Reston, Virginia, USA

I used to throw away the ones with the balls ALL the time when they became
useless but now I have the optical and it just keeps going so I guess it
depends on if you got one worth keeping

David, you cad! :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:uOUtzw4sEHA.3580@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
David Candy <david@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> I just use em and toss them aside when I finish.
>
>> I used to use the male mouse, now I'm using a female mouse... the
>> kind without the balls. ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:%234tVaeysEHA.2536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
>> David Candy <david@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>>> But they don't work as well as a good mechanical mouse.

Open the mouse up and scrape the crud off the wheels with a toothpick and
blow it out. You will be good for another 100,000 clicks.