New built CPU no video out put???

You can't run BIOS without the video card installed. The GPU has very basic on board drivers to allow you to run BIOS and install an OP system. You install the video card, and plug the monitor into it and it should POST and give you video output, if not, there are issues with it we need to investigate.

If you do not have a computer monitor, you may need to borrow one, until you're able to have the OP system installed and video card drivers ( I honestly don't know if the system will have out of the box support for television hookup)

evin_deitrick

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2012
My GPU has DVI and HDMI and Mini Display port. But I cannot install drivers with out actually booting up and installing an OS. What would be the best way to install windows 7 and All of the drivers?

If you install the video card, and plug it in (again, I do not know if you will be able to get the computer to POST with a television set "out of the box") But I do know that assuming everything is installed correctly, and provided all components are functional, this is the standard procedure for getting a brand new build running:

1. Turn on the computer, it will POST, which stands for Power On Self Test, you should hear a single beep via the motherboard speaker, and if the hard drive is new, you should see an error message to the affect of "Disk boot failure...".. This is the computer saying "I'm ready for you to install an operating system on me"

2. Boot the computer again with your windows boot disk (or USB boot device) and press "Delete" immediately upon the computer turning on in order to get into BIOS. You will want to set priority in the boot sequence to whatever device be it a DVD or USB that Windows is on, and follow the prompt to install Windows.

3. Once windows is installed, you want to use the disk that came with the motherboard to install the drivers, most likely they will be out of date, however, you will need the disk to get the new computer to access the internet. You can update anything that is out of date via Asrock's website. Not much point in using the disk that came with the video card, just go to Radeon's website and download the current driver's from them once you have internet access.

Note: If installing Windows from a USB device, you will want to use the USB 2.0 port, the 3.0 ports most likely will not work "out of the box" either.

evin_deitrick

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2012
No dvi cord :( or dvi to vga adapter , but I think its my tv that is the major problem but when i used it for my laptop it came up LGA- bunch of numbers so I will try out a monitor tomorrow.

I'm surprised the video card didn't come with one. You can pick up a DVI to VGA adapter from Staples or Radio Shack, etc...

As for the power button when the computer is on, you have to press and hold it down for several seconds to get it to shut the computer off. That should shut it off.

I wasn't going to "go there", without a reason to (IE impoliteness of the OP while trying to help).

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/282333-31-read-first

-----------------------------

Evin,

If you don't have the right adapter, you will have to purchase one, the television cannot receive a signal via telepathy.

Yes, a wireless keyboard *should* work.

TRENDING THREADS