boocraft

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Mainboard : Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Chipset : AMD SR5690
Processor : AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3200MHz
Physical Memory : 16384MBDDR3-SDRAM
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Hard Disk : Western Digital WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device (1000GB)
CD-Rom Drive : DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS50
Monitor Type : Asus VE228 - 22 inches
Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Yukon 88E8059 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
DirectX : Version 11.00
Windows Performance Index : 5.9 on 7.9

I just don't understand why I get low fps on games like World of warcraft still but I can run battlefield 3 at max settings just fine. I use sony vegas 11.0 to render my vids along with Fraps / Bandicam. I always switch between the two because sometimes I get better fps then the other. when I record I run it at full size but I run my game on low settings with 1920x1080 resolution. When doing this I get around 80-140 fps in WoW but when I start to record I instantly drop to 10 fps then it goes back up to 18-25 steady fps which is laggy of course.

I was talking to a lot of my friends and apparently they say I need the new processor series along with a solid state hard drive. Then I talk to someone on this website because I noticed his videos are just absolutely amazing when it comes out. http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=207657

Look at how smooth the video is with recorded fraps. I ask him how he did that and according to him he said it's because of his 120Hz monitor. I'm using 60Hz atm and i'm just wondering if a monitor can really be that game breaking?

Any ways please put your thoughts and what you think it may be. I really want to get back to recording with good fps and I still can't seem to find out how.

Here is a recent video I made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq1tcMl3ox4 go to 2:40 seconds. That is the recent footage I made and you will see a lot of spikes in the video and nothing smooth. I even render the video at 60 fps

Laziirz

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Same thing happens to me, with minecraft, I have 120+ Fps on SWTOR and on mc I get about 29 - 30 Fps recording. Sometimes it can be about the drivers installed, make sure you have all of the latest drivers installed. The ssd won't do any help because playing Wow is only server side... For example, playing single player in minecraft is very hard drive intensive, it's constantly generating terrain while your playing, this calls for a fast read/write speed on a ssd. (mostly writing) but playing multiplayer on mc is not hard on your PC cause the world generating is done on the server hardware not your ssd/hdd. You should get the AMD Phenom II 1055t if your using AM3 socket, but if not, get a i7-2600k. Also maybe upgrading to a Radeon 7990 wouldn't hurt? ;) just kiddin. The monitor theory you were talking About is true, it will effect your gameplay, also try and dedicate All cores in your CPU to WoW. Please reply if more help is needed!