Solved

Unable to recieve email notification of tomshardware

Last response: in Forum Feedback
November 28, 2011 6:46:18 AM

the last notification i receive is of 19 nov 2011
need some serious help
a b 1 Email
November 28, 2011 1:33:14 PM

Has your email client or provider categorized Tom's Hardware as spam? That tends to happen sometimes with the automatic emails generated from forum posts and responses. Check your spam box and see if you find them there.
m
l
November 28, 2011 2:04:40 PM

jpishgar said:
Has your email client or provider categorized Tom's Hardware as spam? That tends to happen sometimes with the automatic emails generated from forum posts and responses. Check your spam box and see if you find them there.

no, spam box is empty (completely empty), before 19 nov i was able to get e-mail notification
but don't know how, their are 2 notifications in my account(today). the second one is yours, and the first one is from this http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/319539-28-help-choosi... section when it gets solved, but i have replied many other posts before and after that notification.
also in right column, 2nd option (i.e, thread) i can see notification but not in my email account
m
l
Related resources
November 28, 2011 2:20:50 PM

just a moment ago (16:21) i received freshman badge and got a email notification too
looks like i can receive notification whenever i receive a badge or being selected as the best answer.
(in the link above, my answer was selected as best one but, i haven't got any badge for that but got email notification of that)

hey i just received a notification of this section in my email account
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/319602-28-good-budget...

looks like its back to normal without any modification
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:10:41 PM

again
i am facing this problem again

this time i cannot get email notification and right handside coulmn notification of those thread in which i have used only 'quick reply' to post and haven't commented someone's reply

this is too much embarrassing
m
l
December 20, 2011 7:49:58 AM

truegenius said:
the last notification i receive is of 19 nov 2011
need some serious help

Have a look at my reply to someone else HERE that had the opposite problem. They didn't want the notifications, but you do.

Set the box pointed at to show "Yes"
m
l
December 20, 2011 10:37:45 AM

tigsounds said:
Have a look at my reply to someone else HERE that had the opposite problem. They didn't want the notifications, but you do.

Set the box pointed at to show "Yes"

it remains always at "yes" :D 

i can receive 'e-mail notification' and 'right hand side column notification' only for all threads by using 'add a reply' or 'reply to <username>' button :heink:  . but for other threads (in which i replied by only using quick reply) their is no notification , neither in 'right hand side column' nor in 'email account' :fou: 

currently i am not planning to leave this community :love:  , and that is the reason that i want alerts atleast in right hand side column
m
l

Best solution

December 20, 2011 11:03:11 AM

truegenius said:
it remains always at "yes" :D 

i can receive 'e-mail notification' and 'right hand side column notification' only for all threads by using 'add a reply' or 'reply to <username>' button :heink:  . but for other threads (in which i replied by only using quick reply) their is no notification , neither in 'right hand side column' nor in 'email account' :fou: 

currently i am not planning to leave this community :love:  , and that is the reason that i want alerts atleast in right hand side column

Then it would appear that you shouldn't use the quick reply button. If the setting I pointed to in that picture I supplied is set to "Yes" then clicking the "Enable the mail notification of this thread" checkbox isn't needed... it's there for anybody that wants to make an exception after making the Options setting "No"

A "Quick Reply" is a passing comment so it won't trigger the email notification.
December 20, 2011 11:30:55 AM

so stay away from quick reply
well something is better than nothing
m
l
December 24, 2011 4:05:26 AM

looks like this is not gona solve completely.
To me it looks like bug and/or hacking.
So only thing that i can do is to leave it as it is.
And it is forcingt me to leave this comunity
since their is no way out, its time to close this thread.
tomshardware.com/forum/68355-28-whats-wrong-toms-forums
looks like i am not the only one.....
m
l
December 24, 2011 4:06:42 AM

Best answer selected by truegenius.
m
l
December 24, 2011 5:54:43 AM

truegenius said:
looks like this is not gona solve completely.
To me it looks like bug and/or hacking.
So only thing that i can do is to leave it as it is.
And it is forcingt me to leave this comunity
since their is no way out, its time to close this thread.
tomshardware.com/forum/68355-28-whats-wrong-toms-forums
looks like i am not the only one.....

But you do receive email notifications for everything but "Quick Reply" so why not continue but just don't use quick reply? My quick reply doesn't even work (Doesn't even show) because it got caught-up in an AdblockPlus rule someplace but I don't use it or miss it at all.

However, be at peace with yourself, and thanks for the vote.
m
l
!