mattwritenow

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Hello,
I'm pulling my hair out over this bio remote. I feel like every build there is something that doesn't work! Anyway, I took some old parts and some new parts and recently put together an htpc. Everything worked great! I didn't even need to reinstall windows, I just updated drivers and activated it again and it recognized it. I was suprised because I had put in a new mobo, RAM, and cpu. Anyway, I have the BIOSTAR TH61ITX. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138335 is the product page. I have followed the instructions to a T. I have plugged it into the correct port on the mobo, enabled it on BIOS, and installed the utility on the computer. The utility says that everything is okay, but when I go to use the remote it doesn't do anything.

Possibilities?
Do I need to format and reinstall windows for it to work properly, even though everything else seems to be working just fine?

Any help would be great. It seems that everyone who has the remote has minimal issues, but for some reason it hates me or something.

Thanks!

mattwritenow

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Thanks for the answers. It was a remote that came with the motherboard that I linked. It turns out you have to install some drivers, restart, and then install more drivers, restart, and then it will allow you to install the drivers for the remote. All in all, I got it worked out.

Thanks