free space behavior, motorola V 525

Last response: in Technologies
Share
June 7, 2005 3:11:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.data,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

dear everyone...

I have a very strange memory consuption problem with my motorola v 525
[which is, by the way, an excellent phone that I have been using already for
5-6 months]

lately, I noticed the increasing consumption of free memory (even though I
had erased almost all the pictures, games, etc. - the free space was
continously just melting down)...
I could not see what memory to erase to get more free space..and
after the "master clear" I got ".....USED: 32kb....." ...and was relaxed
BUT then I noticed that actually WITH EACH NEW EMAIL OR MMS that I sent with
an
attachment (usually some picture) I consumed more memory (for the amount
matching the size of the attachment) - EVEN THOUGH I ERASED THE SENT EMAIL
OR MMS..!

the V 525 software is probably using some "temporary" space for creating an
email with attachments.... but that temporary place/memory remains
occupied - and CANNOT BE ACCESSED and erased.
it means:...your memory is getting further occupied with each email or mms
you send.

does anyone know the solution to this problem? how can this temporary memory
[or whatever it actually is] be erased?
I looked up throughout all the settings, did reset cache, erase history,
clean up messages..etc.etc. but this consumption of memory goes forward...
:-(

pls. help......

aleksandar
www.alx.co.sr

More about : free space behavior motorola 525

August 1, 2005 4:38:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.data,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

Get you a 64k simcard
"Aleksandar" <alx0z@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 83odi$eb3$1@news.eunet.yu...
> dear everyone...
>
> I have a very strange memory consuption problem with my motorola v 525
> [which is, by the way, an excellent phone that I have been using already
for
> 5-6 months]
>
> lately, I noticed the increasing consumption of free memory (even though I
> had erased almost all the pictures, games, etc. - the free space was
> continously just melting down)...
> I could not see what memory to erase to get more free space..and
> after the "master clear" I got ".....USED: 32kb....." ...and was
relaxed
> BUT then I noticed that actually WITH EACH NEW EMAIL OR MMS that I sent
with
> an
> attachment (usually some picture) I consumed more memory (for the amount
> matching the size of the attachment) - EVEN THOUGH I ERASED THE SENT EMAIL
> OR MMS..!
>
> the V 525 software is probably using some "temporary" space for creating
an
> email with attachments.... but that temporary place/memory remains
> occupied - and CANNOT BE ACCESSED and erased.
> it means:...your memory is getting further occupied with each email or mms
> you send.
>
> does anyone know the solution to this problem? how can this temporary
memory
> [or whatever it actually is] be erased?
> I looked up throughout all the settings, did reset cache, erase history,
> clean up messages..etc.etc. but this consumption of memory goes forward...
> :-(
>
> pls. help......
>
> aleksandar
> www.alx.co.sr

Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 1, 2005 10:49:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.data,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

A 64K SIM doesn't provide any additional user storage. All it does is make
possible ENS in a handset that supports ENS.