free space behavior, motorola V 525

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.data,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

dear everyone...

I have a very strange memory consuption problem with my motorola v 525
[which is, by the way, an excellent phone that I have been using already for
5-6 months]

lately, I noticed the increasing consumption of free memory (even though I
had erased almost all the pictures, games, etc. - the free space was
continously just melting down)...
I could not see what memory to erase to get more free space..and
after the "master clear" I got ".....USED: 32kb....." ...and was relaxed
BUT then I noticed that actually WITH EACH NEW EMAIL OR MMS that I sent with
an
attachment (usually some picture) I consumed more memory (for the amount
matching the size of the attachment) - EVEN THOUGH I ERASED THE SENT EMAIL
OR MMS..!

the V 525 software is probably using some "temporary" space for creating an
email with attachments.... but that temporary place/memory remains
occupied - and CANNOT BE ACCESSED and erased.
it means:...your memory is getting further occupied with each email or mms
you send.

does anyone know the solution to this problem? how can this temporary memory
[or whatever it actually is] be erased?
I looked up throughout all the settings, did reset cache, erase history,
clean up messages..etc.etc. but this consumption of memory goes forward...
:-(

pls. help......

aleksandar
www.alx.co.sr
2 answers Last reply
More about free space behavior motorola
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.data,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    Get you a 64k simcard
    "Aleksandar" <alx0z@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > dear everyone...
    >
    > I have a very strange memory consuption problem with my motorola v 525
    > [which is, by the way, an excellent phone that I have been using already
    for
    > 5-6 months]
    >
    > lately, I noticed the increasing consumption of free memory (even though I
    > had erased almost all the pictures, games, etc. - the free space was
    > continously just melting down)...
    > I could not see what memory to erase to get more free space..and
    > after the "master clear" I got ".....USED: 32kb....." ...and was
    relaxed
    > BUT then I noticed that actually WITH EACH NEW EMAIL OR MMS that I sent
    with
    > an
    > attachment (usually some picture) I consumed more memory (for the amount
    > matching the size of the attachment) - EVEN THOUGH I ERASED THE SENT EMAIL
    > OR MMS..!
    >
    > the V 525 software is probably using some "temporary" space for creating
    an
    > email with attachments.... but that temporary place/memory remains
    > occupied - and CANNOT BE ACCESSED and erased.
    > it means:...your memory is getting further occupied with each email or mms
    > you send.
    >
    > does anyone know the solution to this problem? how can this temporary
    memory
    > [or whatever it actually is] be erased?
    > I looked up throughout all the settings, did reset cache, erase history,
    > clean up messages..etc.etc. but this consumption of memory goes forward...
    > :-(
    >
    > pls. help......
    >
    > aleksandar
    > www.alx.co.sr

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.data,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    A 64K SIM doesn't provide any additional user storage. All it does is make
    possible ENS in a handset that supports ENS.

    In <MIoHe.1304$ns.231@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net> on Mon, 01 Aug 2005
    12:38:04 GMT, "\(ö¿ò\)" <tonymckeehan.nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Get you a 64k simcard

    >"Aleksandar" <alx0z@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> dear everyone...
    >>
    >> I have a very strange memory consuption problem with my motorola v 525
    >> [which is, by the way, an excellent phone that I have been using already
    >for
    >> 5-6 months]
    >>
    >> lately, I noticed the increasing consumption of free memory (even though I
    >> had erased almost all the pictures, games, etc. - the free space was
    >> continously just melting down)...
    >> I could not see what memory to erase to get more free space..and
    >> after the "master clear" I got ".....USED: 32kb....." ...and was
    >relaxed
    >> BUT then I noticed that actually WITH EACH NEW EMAIL OR MMS that I sent
    >with
    >> an
    >> attachment (usually some picture) I consumed more memory (for the amount
    >> matching the size of the attachment) - EVEN THOUGH I ERASED THE SENT EMAIL
    >> OR MMS..!
    >>
    >> the V 525 software is probably using some "temporary" space for creating
    >an
    >> email with attachments.... but that temporary place/memory remains
    >> occupied - and CANNOT BE ACCESSED and erased.
    >> it means:...your memory is getting further occupied with each email or mms
    >> you send.
    >>
    >> does anyone know the solution to this problem? how can this temporary
    >memory
    >> [or whatever it actually is] be erased?
    >> I looked up throughout all the settings, did reset cache, erase history,
    >> clean up messages..etc.etc. but this consumption of memory goes forward...
    >> :-(
    >>
    >> pls. help......
    >>
    >> aleksandar
    >> www.alx.co.sr