Olympus Stylus 400 Digital - Should I Put it in the Dumpst..

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 10, 2005 7:57:23 PM

I have an Olympus Stylus 400 Digital (Point and Shoot) (4 MP) camera. Have
had it about a year and a half.
My question: Can I reset the brightness and also reset the resolution and
"save" the settings? Every time I turn off the camera, then turn it on
again, it defaults to the 0.0 brightness and the 2272 x1734 resolution. I
don't like that. Anybody to help me here? Thanks. Jeff.
June 10, 2005 7:57:24 PM

Jeff G wrote:
> I have an Olympus Stylus 400 Digital (Point and Shoot) (4 MP) camera. Have
> had it about a year and a half.
> My question: Can I reset the brightness and also reset the resolution and
> "save" the settings? Every time I turn off the camera, then turn it on
> again, it defaults to the 0.0 brightness and the 2272 x1734 resolution. I
> don't like that. Anybody to help me here? Thanks. Jeff.

Check that you have "all reset" turned OFF - it defaults to ON (for
whatever f'in reason) It's in the MODE menu, under SETUP > ALL RESET.

A copy of the complete instruction manual is here:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/Stylus300400_Ref_En...

Check out page 101.

ECM
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 11:47:11 PM

Thank you ecm (and Ken) for your help! Yes, I did just what you said and
it
fixed my problem.

Now, if you could just tell me how to increase my LCD monitor screen to a
larger size, I would be even happier. (I guess you will tell me to go buy a
new camera!) Jeff

"ecm" <thedeepabyss@whoever.com> wrote in message

> Jeff G wrote:
>> I have an Olympus Stylus 400 Digital (Point and Shoot) (4 MP) camera.
>> Have
>> had it about a year and a half.
>> My question: Can I reset the brightness and also reset the resolution
>> and
>> "save" the settings? Every time I turn off the camera, then turn it on
>> again, it defaults to the 0.0 brightness and the 2272 x1734 resolution.
>> don't like that. Anybody to help me here? Thanks. Jeff.
>
> Check that you have "all reset" turned OFF - it defaults to ON (for
> whatever f'in reason) It's in the MODE menu, under SETUP > ALL RESET.
>
> A copy of the complete instruction manual is here:
>
> http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/Stylus300400_Ref_En...
>
> Check out page 101.
>
> ECM

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 2:15:25 AM

Jeff G wrote:
> I have an Olympus Stylus 400 Digital (Point and Shoot) (4 MP) camera. Have
> had it about a year and a half.
> My question: Can I reset the brightness and also reset the resolution and
> "save" the settings? Every time I turn off the camera, then turn it on
> again, it defaults to the 0.0 brightness and the 2272 x1734 resolution. I
> don't like that. Anybody to help me here? Thanks. Jeff.

Hi Jeff...

Don't have a 400, but do have many Oly's.

Each of them has a menu option to "Save settings"

Take care.

Ken
!