Sign in with
Your question

GTX680 build - 1st time!

Last response: in Systems
March 24, 2012 12:33:08 PM

Hello every one!
thanks for looking into this ^^ need help on this new build.
First time, a bit overwhelmed, I'm not in the UK :(  so have to pay in €...all seems too complicated at times...I know this will be a bit too much of variables so really appreciate your help!

Approximate Purchase Date: this week - 03/25th/26th

Budget Range: 800-1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming/audio editing

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS & 2nd HDD

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.pccomponentes.com/configurador.php

Parts Preferences: Gigabyte/Intel

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x200 now,
eventually 2560x1440 (1 year or so, till I save up for monitor )

Additional Comments: previous computer died, need to play NOW, i've been without computer for 2 months, but going crazy with parts etc...

I'm currently in spain, the link provided is pretty cool :sol:  , you'll identify the parts easily even if you don't speak spanish.
Budget is decently high, but is a concern, need advise if I can cut cost, I'm afraid of going cheap in the wrong part and build an unstable system.

soooo my plan is:

thinking of getting now an AMD 6870, and literally in 1 month when I have the money, keep it as a back up or something (reselling not really an option here) and replace it with a GTX680. the build needs to support the 680

Silence is important, but my room goes up to 38 °C = 100.4 °F during the summer, so need great airflow at low noise level, liquid cooling will be a bit too much for my first build

Thanks again guys owe you a night of tapas and good fiesta :pt1cable: 
cheers
Brian

More about : gtx680 build 1st time

March 24, 2012 1:14:32 PM

try the fractal design core 1000 its cheap and great case too it's not so bad but for the price it's good.

(I'll be using us $ as comparison on saving up a few bucks but you get the jist ^_^)

go with G.skill ripjaws/x/sniper 8gb 1600/1333mhz on a 2x4gb dual channel kit. going to 1333 should save you 10-20$

actually after all that everything else is good but if you want you can lower down to a cooler master hyper 212 evo cpu cooler its cheaper and performs well for it's price, that should save you up couple more dollars and if you can go for a gtx680 it's pure awesomeness

for a PSU i suggest the Corsair TX 750 V2 890plus bronze or the HX750 or something 80plus silver, if your going for corsait TX750 make sure its (V2) it's better.

and try out asrock x68 extreme 3 gen 3 mobo it should be cheap too but if that gigabyte mobo is cheaper then go with the one on the list

overall it's a solid build
March 24, 2012 5:51:52 PM

Awesome! actually that cooler looks really good, so no point in spending those extra bucks on the noctua. And the PSU also almost 50€ cheaper!
I still need to check the core 1000 case, but overall 100€ less already :) 
cheers mate thnx a lot for the suggestions!
!