Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card upgrade for Asus CM5570

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2012 6:54:56 PM

So I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card and PSU so that I can play games like Aion, Tera, and Guild Wars 2 on the highest settings. Below are my system specs so I'm just looking to get some advice on which card to upgrade to as I don't want to over or underdo it. Also, need to make sure that the rest of my system specs are sufficient. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Approximate Purchase Date: 1 month

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) $100 - $300

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the net

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) hopefully only need to upgrade PSU and GPU

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com and amazon.com

Parts Preferences: no pref

Processor: Pentium Dual Core CPU; E5300 2.6 ghz

Overclocking: not sure

SLI or Crossfire: not sure

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

PSU: 300W
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 18, 2012 9:49:11 PM

that card looks good but the power supply is too much. you'd be paying for watts you won't use.

try something with about 400 watts, just be above 300w from a reliable brand.

you won't be playing those games on the highest settings with your cpu, it will bottleneck higher end card. The 6770 will be good tho.
January 18, 2012 9:53:35 PM

esrever said:
that card looks good but the power supply is too much. you'd be paying for watts you won't use.

try something with about 400 watts, just be above 300w from a reliable brand.

you won't be playing those games on the highest settings with your cpu, it will bottleneck higher end card. The 6770 will be good tho.

Sounds good. My thought was to buy the 600w PSU in case I wanted to upgrade in the future but I guess that's not necessary as the rest of my pc will be holding me back on the higher end cards.
!