Can I enable PhysX in 7970 HD if I would put some Nvidia on the side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I heard that you can enable PhysX in games if you're primary GPU is AMD but you have some Nvidia GPU installed in the 2nd PCI-E slot. Is it true? So let's say I will buy 560 and put it beside my 7970 then I will be playing games with PhysX on and still get the same performance from 7970?

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
you can, with nvidia driver mods. but it IS NOT SUPPORTED by nvidia by and means. but, is it really worth buying this and working through the driver for the, like 12 games that use it? i havent seen it, but from what i hear the physx in those games is really nothing special. check youtube for comparisons.

With a 7970 you will get awsome performance and you don't really need physix since in gameplay you will not really notice it. If you had a Nvidia card and it was enabled by default you would not be looking at the physixs of the game as much as playing it and not getting shot because you were looking at the physix effects.

G

Thank you so much!

A $50 GT220 is plenty for PhysX .... personally I find it well worth the investment and the THG review says in essence "once ya turn it on, ya not gonna turn off the eye candy" but decide for yaself by watching this video.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/batman_arkham_asylum_physx_performance/page2.asp

Here's the original THG article on making PhysX work with an ATI card in the system.

Here's another possible option:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-Kepler-GTX680-GPU-geforce,14499.html

I think a 220 would be the absolute bare minimum. I'm using a GT240 and it gets up there in usage with Batman 1, 2, and Mafia 2 games. I think a 220 would bottleneck a little bit, although not much. A 240 or 250 is probably ideal to remove any bottlenecking in that regards, or a more modern equivalent.

There's usually good deals to be had, I got $45 off my GT 240 so it was only $65.

Status
Not open for further replies.