Sign in with
Your question

RE: 3D

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2012 7:39:51 PM

Guys and girls I am severely confused as to how this works.
I have bought this monitor (http://www.lg.com/uk/it-products/monitors/LG-3d-monitor...) on LG and the sellers assurance that it will work with my 6970.
It states that it is 3d ready and I have been informed that it will work with a receiver and compatible glasses.
However, what confuses me is that I cant find anywhere that it works with ati cards, in fact a couple of review sites have said it wont.
I know it is an active monitor and needs shutter vision glasses, and I have seen shutter vision glasses that work with ati cards.
So, will I just connect the receiver to the computer or monitor and away i go? (obviously after updating drivers)
is it that simple?
Please take note that I did not just buy this monitor for the 3d aspect, I bought it because it is also a good monitor and I got it at a bargain
price. The fact it is 3D is just a bonus.
please note I dont have the monitor at the minute

More about : question

January 18, 2012 7:58:43 PM

ati (afaik) only uses steroscopic 3d, (and im not quite sure how far this is supported in games) and nvidia is the full on 3d provider for computers. so, youll need a qualified nvidia gfx card, and the glasses/reciever kit, and away youll go.
January 18, 2012 8:11:56 PM

So is it worth me just getting an nvidia card then? or are they updating stereoscopic support? I have found a comprehensive list of games supported by stereoscopic, however I notice that my monitor has realtime 2d to 3d conversion. Would that mean that to an extent even if my gpu does not support the game in 3d the monitor can compensate for this?
January 18, 2012 8:37:00 PM

I know its off topic, but if I do go nvidia what would be a cheap way to get better performance than my 6970 for a similar price. I was thinking 560ti sli?!?!
!