Closed Solved

Where can I find a Sapphire 6950 BIOS?

Hi so I recently have been running into problems when playing BF3 and I think that I should now reflash the BIOS, For Your Info, I have a Sapphire 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition Card (two of them)

Thanks

- Dan
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about where find sapphire 6950 bios
  1. Are you looking for new bios, same bios, other bios?

    Using TriXX can also create a log file for future analysis, and the save the BIOS. Did you use this?
  2. have you considered flipping the bios switch on both of them and running them as 6970's?
  3. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=350307

    Note*flashing a GPU bios is not like flashing a motherboard bios.you dont do it because you have a game issue.this one is done ONLY for unlock of shaders as in the link.
    However yours may already have it as both of mine did,just by flipping the bios switch as odoyle_rules mentioned.
  4. Yeah well it's a dual bios card, I'm wondering if he's altered both or maybe he doesn't know about the switch?
  5. geekapproved said:
    Yeah well it's a dual bios card, I'm wondering if he's altered both or maybe he doesn't know about the switch?



    Thats why i gave him the link.the second bios on both of mine were unlocked.
  6. Earnie said:
    Thats why i gave him the link.the second bios on both of mine were unlocked.


    Thanks, I know about the BIOS switch, should I flip it and try to unlock it to 6970?
  7. Best answer
    gameridgoeshere said:
    Thanks, I know about the BIOS switch, should I flip it and try to unlock it to 6970?


    yep!just shut down,flip the switches,restart and use GPU-Z to check the shaders,should be 1536,up from 1408.

    remember! this doesnt make it a 6970,it only unlocks the shaders to a 6970 shaders,then you have to change the clock and voltage settings to match a 6970,however,Not All cards will take the overclock.On mine I just unlocked the shaders and left the clocks alone.
  8. Best answer selected by GamerIDGoesHere.
  9. Earnie said:
    yep!just shut down,flip the switches,restart and use GPU-Z to check the shaders,should be 1536,up from 1408.

    remember! this doesnt make it a 6970,it only unlocks the shaders to a 6970 shaders,then you have to change the clock and voltage settings to match a 6970,however,Not All cards will take the overclock.On mine I just unlocked the shaders and left the clocks alone.


    Ok Thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon BIOS Sapphire Battlefield Graphics