Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
amd vs intel which one is better?
i am planning to buy i5 2500k
don't know about quality of amd so please tell me is amd better or intel

$hawn

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
If u don't noe...then better stick with Intel :) the 2500K is plenty fast.
I hate wen half informed pple buy AMD, and then start yapping that they were misled by pple on this forum to buy a "slower" processor.

Serrix

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
AMD is super budget friendly and you do get what you pay for. Right now though, this doesn't hold to be true like it should usually be. Intel is just on top of the CPU market; their CPUs are just plain better right now. Even AMD's 7XXX series of GPU's is going to be smashed from the NVidia 6XX. AMD's current only hope is if Trinity and Piledriver are successful.

If you're trying to get the most performance on a certain budget, you can't overlook AMD as they do definitely offer great deals on cpus that can do most anything you are currently trying to do in most cases.

If money is no object, by all means go intel as you will get a faster cpu for more money.

americanbrian

Distinguished

But AMD GPUs are far superior to Intel GPUs. For the record.

Serrix

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012

Well, AMD works towards integrated graphics like their APU's. Realistically, AMD APU's are aimed towards people who really don't have the money to go blow on a dedicated video card right off the bat. Even though, say a Celeron with a Radeon 6670 could be on par or even succeed past APU performance. I honestly see APU's as a mainstream solution for an all around PC. Intel integrated graphics are laughable for sure, but Intel is more so meant to be paired with a dedicated video card due to the powerful processing they do push out. You see more Wal*Mart PCs with APU's because of how well of an economic solution they are. You get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.