Sign in with
Your question

First Build - 700$ Budget Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
March 24, 2012 6:49:28 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: Mid-April

Budget Range: 750$ Before Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Most multitasking is probably WoW, Broswer, and iTunes. Maybe a few other little programs during

Parts Not Required: I just want the Case and parts inside

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, amazon.com

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU - Nvidia or AMD

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I wanna play WoW on Max settings at 1920x1080 resolution. I'm having trouble deciding on a i3-2120 or i5-2400(w/ Hyper 212+) My goal with this post is to see people's opinion on what I came up with and any suggestions on what to add, or change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parts I already know: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/62tb
March 24, 2012 6:54:10 PM

If you want Rosewill, choose the Capstone series. Otherwise, stick with Corsair, XFX, or Seasonic for PSUs.

For CPU, I'd choose the i5-2400 and the MOBO Asus P8Z68-V. This will beat any AMD CPU out right now. For the case, the HAF 912 is cheaper and has much better airflow and cable management.
m
l
!