Screen Wrap Around (Radeon 6870)

brandobin

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Hi, I just recently put together a computer, sorta like a budget gaming rig, and I've been having some problems, such as the screen wrapping around to the other side of the monitor and some sort of horizontal thrashing/static when I try to play games or watch videos. I've tried messing around with V-Sync, and that has only served to reduce the frequency of it occurring while gaming. Any serious suggestions would be appreciated.

picture (taken with crappy camera):
qpf0g1.jpg

brandobin

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 34 °C
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD 760GM -E51 (MS-7596) (CPU1) 22 °C
Graphics
VH226 (1920x1080@59Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (XFX Pine Group) 33 °C
Hard Drives
1465GB Seagate ST1500DL003-9VT16L ATA Device (SATA) 22 °C
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B1ST a ATA Device
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device
(copy/paste from speccy)

This is a picture of an instance of it happening while I was playing Greed Corp. On the left hand side there is a clear line, to the left of that being a segment of the screen which should be on the right side, if I move my mouse over the right side of the screen, it wraps around to that far-left segment.

I would say that you need to go into the monitors OSD and ajust the screen so that it is centered i think it somehow got off center. If you can't make the adjustment there then in the video card or monitor properties in Windows there will have to be an adjustment option. Did you set up your monitor when you got it.

asleeperj

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I have an XFX HD 6870, and have this problem too. It only does it sometimes.

I down clocked the 6870 to below specs and that seemed to help alot.
I have tried updating the bios, replacing the bios with another. It seems to happen randomly to me.

Nearest i can tell it's the graphics card. Something goes wonky in there, It may be the ram.

Im going to live with it, as it doesn't happen often, and get a gtx670 when it comes out.