Sign in with
Your question

Monitor works in safe mode only - Windows 7

Last response: in Systems
March 24, 2012 7:23:52 PM

Hi!

So anyway I have been looking all over the internet for a solution but could not find one, my issue here is that my 17" LCD monitor says out of range when i try using my new computer on it. I can use the computer fine with no issues on my 38" TV, I can also use my old HP compaq computer on the monitor, no issues. So im guessing it's something to do with my new computer.

I can run the computer in safe mode and have tried changing the resolution to
everything and still says "Out of range" on my old HP Compaq computer the resolution is at 1024 x 768 and refresh rate is 60 hz, but won't run at these settings on my new computer. :( 

I've updated the my display card drives also.

My system specs are:

AMD fx - 4100 Quad core 4.00 Ghz
8.00 GB ram
64 bit windows 7
Geforce 550 ti

Any ideas? Don't know what else to do. :( 

Also i don't know the best place for this post to go so i put it in home built since it's been put together. :) 

Thanks. :) 
a b B Homebuilt system
March 25, 2012 2:09:04 PM

liam56514 said:
Hi!

So anyway I have been looking all over the internet for a solution but could not find one, my issue here is that my 17" LCD monitor says out of range when i try using my new computer on it. I can use the computer fine with no issues on my 38" TV, I can also use my old HP compaq computer on the monitor, no issues. So im guessing it's something to do with my new computer.

I can run the computer in safe mode and have tried changing the resolution to
everything and still says "Out of range" on my old HP Compaq computer the resolution is at 1024 x 768 and refresh rate is 60 hz, but won't run at these settings on my new computer. :( 

I've updated the my display card drives also.

My system specs are:

AMD fx - 4100 Quad core 4.00 Ghz
8.00 GB ram
64 bit windows 7
Geforce 550 ti

Any ideas? Don't know what else to do. :( 

Also i don't know the best place for this post to go so i put it in home built since it's been put together. :) 

Thanks. :) 

Check your bios settings.
Check for conflicts in device manager.
Check for latest windows 7 drivers (in addition to NVidia drivers).
Check NVidia's control panel settings.
March 25, 2012 3:43:10 PM

Wow. Thank you so much. All what i had to do was install a 15 mb update for windows 7, thank you so much! :D 
March 25, 2012 4:27:59 PM

Stopped working again, once i restarted the computer, says out of range...
!