imspro11

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Hello,
Anybody know? I would like to send video presentations from a pc, to 3 LCD TV in 3 different area about 50 ft apart. What is the best way of doing it? Splitter? Adapter? Cable? wireless?

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
3 TV's? If they aren't for HD Gaming, you should be able to do that with any graphic card that supports 3 Monitors. While entry levels cards cannot do that (they only can output 2 displays), you can buy an USB VGA adapter and use that for your 3rd screen.

An USB VGA adapter doesn't cost usually a lot, but they aren't performant for HD Videos and cannot play any games.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010

-_- That's an modified PCB from an other Company, I was talking about stock Graphic Cards... There is constantly better modified entry-level cards that are getting more features, I cannot keep track of all of them...

4745454b

Titan
Not you, I'm talking about his reply. He's claiming thats some sort of special card like the GTX560 that can do "Eyefinity" with only a single card. I hear there is a GTX580 that can do that now as well. Those are special cards with special skills. Eyefinity support has been built into AMD cards since the 5 series. Yes, even on the lowend models. If you want to run three screens just grab an eyefinity capable 5xxx or 6xxx card and do it. I mentioned the card I did because its cheap, and as a flex model you don't need to worry about the DP to HDMI adapter as its built into the card.

4745454b

Titan
Which would be overkill if you just need three screens for productivity work like having email, web, and word processor open on all screens. (or if you do coding.) 6990 is overkill in these cases and a simple 5570 or some such card is more then enough. That's probably why AMD left this feature enabled on the lowend cards as well.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010

I have an other computer with an Stock 6450 and it can do dual-screen EyeFinity, you should do more research about Eyefinity since it works with 2 screens.

4745454b

Titan
Again, two monitor gaming has been possible (hardware wise) for years now. Over a decade. Tool around AMDs Eyefinity site. See any two screen setups there?

Back on track, there are entry level GPUs that can run three screens. Make sure you buy one that says something about Eyefinity. Or just buy the one I already linked. I'm here to help people, not feed a certain type of person.