dDougthehead

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Hey i am getting bsod's with worrying regularity, i am trying to use prime 95 to check my cpu. In order to run it automatically the instructions tell me i need to register with their website which i am trying to do but i come to this 2^32-1 question and can't get past it, any idea what i am supposed to use for an answer, i was trying 4 294 967 295 but it seems to be wrong. thank you

Solution
Use Intel Burn Test instead. Its a lot faster and will tell you really quick if your CPU is unstable or not. Each pass takes less than 2 minutes usually and if your CPU is unstable, itll crash within 5 passes. If you make it thru 10 passes, then youre probably stable and ready for a 12+ hour session of Prime95.

As for P95, I dont think you have to register. There should be a "just stress testing" option you can click and then you can just run it yourself.

axe1592

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Use Intel Burn Test instead. Its a lot faster and will tell you really quick if your CPU is unstable or not. Each pass takes less than 2 minutes usually and if your CPU is unstable, itll crash within 5 passes. If you make it thru 10 passes, then youre probably stable and ready for a 12+ hour session of Prime95.

As for P95, I dont think you have to register. There should be a "just stress testing" option you can click and then you can just run it yourself.

Solution

dDougthehead

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Ok guys, i was running it manually, the reason i wanted it run automatically is because when i turn off my comp i assumed that p95 would stop and i would have to manually restart it from beginning again whereas with auto it would restart from where it left off but its all good.

dDougthehead

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

ty i will give it a try.

G

You are not supposed to shut off the PC while P95 is stress testing...

axe1592

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

Cool man. IBT stresses your CPU in a different way than Prime95 so you should still run a 12+ hour session of Prime95 overnight just to make sure. Ive never had a overclock that passed IBT fail a P95 test but Ive heard some people have and it never hurts to be double sure.