Does 'Cabir' virus infect Motorola V551 Cell Phone?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

Hello!

My Motorola V551 Cell Phone is only about 3 months old and I charge it
regularly every day. All of a sudden, my phone doesn't seems to have a good
battery back up and the battery doesn't seem to have a good standby time.
When I charge it fully, the charge doesn't seem to last for more than 5 to 6
hours and I use the phone very sparingly! Now here are my questions to you:

1. Is it likely that my Motorola V551 is infected with a virus like "CABIR"
that drains the battery of the infected cell phone?

2. If it has been infected, how can I remove the virus and get the phone to
normalcy? Is there an Antivirus software for this phone?

3. Right now, my phone uses Motorola SNN5683A Battery. Is there a higher
capacity, extended life battery for Motorola V551? If so, what is the
battery model number and where can I purchase one?

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
More about does cabir virus infect motorola v551 cell phone
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    Take the phone apart and look for corrosion..Clean with a brush and alcohol
    and blow dry with air. Also the charger connector that is soldered to the
    board needs to be resoldered. You are getting a phantom charge. That will
    fix the problem. BTW you can not get a virus on a cell phone PERIOD.
    (ò¿ò)

    "Gyro Gearloose" <GyroGearloose@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > My Motorola V551 Cell Phone is only about 3 months old and I charge it
    > regularly every day. All of a sudden, my phone doesn't seems to have a
    good
    > battery back up and the battery doesn't seem to have a good standby time.
    > When I charge it fully, the charge doesn't seem to last for more than 5 to
    6
    > hours and I use the phone very sparingly! Now here are my questions to
    you:

    > 1. Is it likely that my Motorola V551 is infected with a virus like
    "CABIR"
    > that drains the battery of the infected cell phone?
    >
    > 2. If it has been infected, how can I remove the virus and get the phone
    > normalcy? Is there an Antivirus software for this phone?
    >
    > 3. Right now, my phone uses Motorola SNN5683A Battery. Is there a higher
    > capacity, extended life battery for Motorola V551? If so, what is the
    > battery model number and where can I purchase one?
    >
    > I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.
    >
    > Sincerely,

Cell Phones Battery Motorola Phones