Does 'Cabir' virus infect Motorola V551 Cell Phone?

Last response: in Technologies
July 6, 2005 11:57:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

Hello!

My Motorola V551 Cell Phone is only about 3 months old and I charge it
regularly every day. All of a sudden, my phone doesn't seems to have a good
battery back up and the battery doesn't seem to have a good standby time.
When I charge it fully, the charge doesn't seem to last for more than 5 to 6
hours and I use the phone very sparingly! Now here are my questions to you:

1. Is it likely that my Motorola V551 is infected with a virus like "CABIR"
that drains the battery of the infected cell phone?

2. If it has been infected, how can I remove the virus and get the phone to
normalcy? Is there an Antivirus software for this phone?

3. Right now, my phone uses Motorola SNN5683A Battery. Is there a higher
capacity, extended life battery for Motorola V551? If so, what is the
battery model number and where can I purchase one?

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
August 1, 2005 4:38:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

Take the phone apart and look for corrosion..Clean with a brush and alcohol
and blow dry with air. Also the charger connector that is soldered to the
board needs to be resoldered. You are getting a phantom charge. That will
fix the problem. BTW you can not get a virus on a cell phone PERIOD.
(ò¿ò)