Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How does this look?

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 24, 2012 10:17:12 PM

So far this is my current build without a mobo because I have not really looked into that at all :x

I will be ordering off of amazon BTW

cpu:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EBUXIA/ref=ox_sc_a...

gpu:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SMUT70/ref=ox_sc_a...

psu:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EYV690/ref=ox_sc_a...

hdd:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CT56R6/ref=ox_sc_a...

ram:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CRSM4I/ref=ox_sc_a...

case:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZM7YTA/ref=ox_sc_a...

dvd:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033Z2BAQ/ref=ox_sc_a...


So i think this is a pretty good cost effective machine but im not sure what motherboard I should buy to support all this...

all these items together come out to 788$ and i want a mobo that would do well and would put this at no more than 910$


Edit: No plans for OC currently

More about : question

March 24, 2012 10:33:34 PM



So i think this is a pretty good cost effective machine but im not sure what motherboard I should buy to support all this...

all these items together come out to 788$ and i want a mobo that would do well and would put this at no more than 910$[/quotemsg]

You didn't mention if you are going to do crossfire or OC, im guessing no on the OC cause your using a 2400, but here is a pretty good MOBO http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 10:35:11 PM

That looks good, these would be my suggestions:

1. Swap your GPU with a 7870 if you possibly can: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

In tests the 7870 handily beats the 570 and comes close to toppling the 580.

2. Get this instead for your PSU - the OCZ ModXtstreams are OK - this would be better: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

3. Get low profile RAM - the Vengeance is an OK choice but the tall heat spreaders won't work if you plan to install an aftermarket cooler - try something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

4. This is the most cost effective motherboard on the market right now in terms of features: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
Related resources
March 24, 2012 11:01:22 PM

g-unit1111 said:
That looks good, these would be my suggestions:

1. Swap your GPU with a 7870 if you possibly can: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

In tests the 7870 handily beats the 570 and comes close to toppling the 580.

2. Get this instead for your PSU - the OCZ ModXtstreams are OK - this would be better: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

3. Get low profile RAM - the Vengeance is an OK choice but the tall heat spreaders won't work if you plan to install an aftermarket cooler - try something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

4. This is the most cost effective motherboard on the market right now in terms of features: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Do you think the upgrade to 7870 is really worth the 60$ ?

Also i realy dont plan on an aftermarket cooler because i am not oc'ing
the ram is cheaper so i might just get that

why that psu over the current one i have selected would i really need to have 650 and the one u suggested is not modular
m
0
l
March 25, 2012 5:27:49 AM

Quote:
Do you think the upgrade to 7870 is really worth the 60$ ?


Absolutely - check out the benchmarks - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7870-revi...

Quote:

Also i realy dont plan on an aftermarket cooler because i am not oc'ing
the ram is cheaper so i might just get that


In the off chance you do decide to upgrade your CPU and OC it - you will need low profile RAM.

Quote:
why that psu over the current one i have selected would i really need to have 650 and the one u suggested is not modular


Do you necessarily have to have modular? I've personally never had good luck with modular PSUs whereas the wired PSUs I've used have all been completely flawless. If you're worried about cable clutter, the HAF 912 has great cable management and you can route your cables behind the motherboard tray for a much cleaner look, I should post a pic of my workstation build which has the 912 and a wired PSU.
m
0
l
March 25, 2012 5:30:43 AM

I asked this in another forums, and they said 750W for a Radeon 7870. o.O They are wrong, right? Cuz they say they have 15 years of experience in their hardware team and that they upgrade/repair for a living.
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 25, 2012 5:38:31 AM

SAPPHIRE 11199-03-20G Radeon HD 7870
System Requirements
Minimum of a 500 Watt power supply.
m
0
l
March 25, 2012 5:40:09 AM

When I told them that, they said they base it on their experiences lol.
m
0
l
March 25, 2012 5:40:13 AM

azeem40 said:
I asked this in another forums, and they said 750W for a Radeon 7870. o.O They are wrong, right? Cuz they say they have 15 years of experience in their hardware team and that they upgrade/repair for a living.


The minimum power requirements for the 7870 are 500 according to Sapphire's website but probably get a 650 to be on the safe side: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...
m
0
l
March 25, 2012 5:41:32 AM

I know it's 500W, but it's weird. Whenever I showed them benchmarks, they said those don't count as they aren't real-world.
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 25, 2012 5:46:53 AM

azeem40 said:
I know it's 500W, but it's weird. Whenever I showed them benchmarks, they said those don't count as they aren't in the real-world.


the posters, right?
m
0
l
March 25, 2012 5:48:34 AM

Here is what I mean. Check the topics on the first page.
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 25, 2012 5:53:39 AM

that video is so obnoxious. i closed that tab in 0.0405905 seconds.
m
0
l
March 25, 2012 5:56:21 AM

What video?
m
0
l
March 25, 2012 6:04:45 AM

Anonymous said:
the posters, right?


Hard to say. :lol: 
m
0
l
March 25, 2012 6:06:19 AM

What do you mean g-unit?
m
0
l
!