Solved

AMD FX-6100 and i5-2500K on these games?

I was wondering what is benchmark, and performance of the AMD FX-6100 as I am going to build a computer but the i5-2500K is putting me overbudget along with other things.

I would like to run everything on max or high:

Games:
- League of Legends
- The Sims 3
- NBA 2K12
- Max Payne
- Marvel vs. Capcom

And what about the Intel i5-2500K?

Note: I am not going to upgrade my CPU that often. If it can last within 3 years, then okay.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6100 2500k games
  1. Best answer
    What about the I5, it will out perform the Bulldozer in pretty much all games. The Bulldozer will work but then again so will a Pentium D or Core 2 Duo but you don't see people recommending them. :D For gaming the I5 is all around the better CPU and can easily overclock to 4.5+ with just a good air cooler. Just look at the benchmarks.

2. I'd take the Pentium G860 over any of the FX cpu's :P
  3. That is a really good comparison, but with the Window 8 coming, won't FX series be better?
  4. No just like the so called hot fixes that was suppose to make Bulldozer better and really did nothing neither is Windows 8. It's just more of the blame game from AMD.
  5. Anonymous_26 said:
    No just like the so called hot fixes that was suppose to make Bulldozer better and really did nothing neither is Windows 8. It's just more of the blame game from AMD.

True, TYMV for your advices and answers guys. Here is a finalization of what I have link
  6. Best answer selected by Raymond9000.
  7. It was tested on windows 8, they LOST performance in some applications and gained roughly 1-2% at max.
  8. Like I said it's not a software problem it's a hardware problem, the IPC being in efficient being one of the big problems No hot fixes or Windows 8 is going to fix all the problems with Bulldozer. The only thing that can fix it is to go back and fix the architecture.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Games AMD Intel i5