Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which 7970 brand and noise Level?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 19, 2012 5:33:17 AM

I have decided to buy 7970

which brand should i go for?





Talk about both Reference and Non-reference cards as i think non-reference might have not come where i live in india



Also is there a noise problem with 7970,i ve heard and watched video on youtube with alot of sound

More about : 7970 brand noise level

a c 109 U Graphics card
January 19, 2012 8:50:23 AM

Wait a bit, as most companies are still using the stock coolers. Except for xfx, but that will be useless as their lifetime warranty only applies to us citizens.
m
0
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
January 19, 2012 11:44:39 AM

You can wait for HIS IceQ X 7970. IceQ X are known to be cool and quiet at auto fan.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 19, 2012 12:00:33 PM

I haven't had any noise issues, my fan usually operates at about 35% max, but I did run my old 5870 at 55% fan constantly so I may just be used to a noisy system...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 19, 2012 12:28:56 PM

Best ones are as usual Msi Twin Frozer 3, Asus DCU2, or Gigabyte Windforce or sparkle artic cooler, or Powercolour Vortex.

All these have dual fans and special circuits, vram, pcb, etc. They are a lot quieter than reference designs.

Oh and whats the price of 7970 in India? Just curious because I'm from Mumbai now living in the US
m
0
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
January 20, 2012 6:20:35 AM

dharmenparikh said:
Best ones are as usual Msi Twin Frozer 3, Asus DCU2, or Gigabyte Windforce or sparkle artic cooler, or Powercolour Vortex.

All these have dual fans and special circuits, vram, pcb, etc. They are a lot quieter than reference designs.

Oh and whats the price of 7970 in India? Just curious because I'm from Mumbai now living in the US

If you are now living in the us why are you wondering what the price is in India? :S :sleep: 
m
0
l
a c 359 U Graphics card
a b Ć Youtube
January 20, 2012 6:25:11 AM

I would throw Sapphire's Vapor-X version into the mix.

However, Sapphire generally does not release Vapor-X versions of their cards until about 3 or 4 months after the reference design has debuted.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 20, 2012 7:01:22 AM

you can wait for gigabyte 7970 OC windforce 3x~
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 20, 2012 10:13:03 AM

amuffin said:
If you are now living in the us why are you wondering what the price is in India? :S :sleep: 



Because these video cards were never available in india. Things used to be 3 yrs behind..so this 7970 might cost 1.5times the US price...curious to know who sells it in india and how much it costs..

m
0
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
January 21, 2012 9:31:38 AM

dharmenparikh said:
Because these video cards were never available in india. Things used to be 3 yrs behind..so this 7970 might cost 1.5times the US price...curious to know who sells it in india and how much it costs..

I doubt anyone will carry an aftermarket one or a quiet one at least within the next 4 months.
m
0
l
!