Sign in with
Your question

Is Physx Nvidia exclusive?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 19, 2012 7:17:58 AM

I actually want to buy a 7970 but the thing is I found out about the Physx, Is there a way to run Physx on AMD cards?

More about : physx nvidia exclusive

a c 92 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
January 19, 2012 7:46:32 AM

no. but you can hack a nvidia card to run physx with a amd card as primary.
m
l
January 19, 2012 8:08:00 AM

so physx isnt real that of a good thing?
m
l
Related resources
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
a b À AMD
January 19, 2012 8:47:46 AM

Physx is only available in 5 games, however CUDA is something you might want to look into.
m
l
January 20, 2012 5:59:29 AM

Quote:
PhysX software? needed and used in most TWIMTBP games, wont be slower on Radeon GPUs as they are CPU-bound

Hardware PhysX? I wouldnt say it's useless, but more like exaggerated.

sure, it adds eye-candy to games, but the amount of games that uses it is countable with my toes and fingers, the amount of games I've personally played that has hardware physX is a mere 2 (Mirror's Edge and Arkham Asylum),
outta like...50 games I've played since 2004 ?
Should have been 3 though..........STUPID PUBLISHERS NOT ALLOWING ARKHAM CITY SALE IN MY REGION,EVEN ON STEAM :fou: 

If you're planning to get a new GPU, I'd say just get the best price/performance within your budget. PhysX, CUDA, APP, arent exactly what most people even need......but is what companies usually use to push their products.

Ouch regioning, that's harsh, it's at this point I'd just like to say thank you to all the stupid dumb ass politicians for keeping video games under the radar where I'm from.
m
l
!