Sign in with
Your question

Eyefinity help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 19, 2012 7:24:05 AM

I recently bought a Asus VK278Q Black 27" on a sale awhile back i wasent going to do eyefinity but now i have somewhat changed my mind. I am wondering if it is possible to use to other 23" screens on the side i am looking into the ASUS VH242H Black 23.6"

I have no experience with eyefinity but i know how to set it up and everything just wanting to know if those screens would look alright or if they would just not match with pixels and such.

Thanks in advance :D 

More about : eyefinity

a b Ĉ ASUS
January 19, 2012 10:41:05 AM

It'll technically work fine, however obviously the middle screen will be taller so may look alittle strange, though they all share the same native resolution of 1920 x 1080.
m
l
January 19, 2012 10:58:14 AM

It will be fine if all the resolution are the same (as omgitzfatal says). But it'll look strange and it's probably hard to enjoy when gaming (never tried though :lol: ). Good Luck :) .
m
l
Related resources
January 19, 2012 11:59:44 AM

I would advise against it.

I am currently running eyefinity with 3 23" monitors. I like it a lot because you get peripheral vision in games. But for you, since all 3 would have the same resolution and the middle monitor would be a different size, the middle screen would look bigger than the sides, and your perception would get weird.

It would really detract from the experience if you ask me.
m
l
January 19, 2012 1:10:09 PM

As a counter point, I currently run a 24" 1920x1080 center monitor with two 17" 1280x1024 side monitors in eyefinity and thoroughly enjoy it.
m
l
January 19, 2012 1:39:36 PM

Of course uniform looks better... duhh... but the extra peripheral's would still be nice to have.... it's not like your going to be staring at the side screens(at least not while gaming) so it really won't take too much away from the whole eyefinity experience. If you game, expect your FPS to take a hit ...

Would this be used for gaming or multitasking...? If mostly gaming, I say go for it. But if you are also(mostly) using it for multitasking... I would say to save your money.
m
l
January 19, 2012 3:02:55 PM

I had a 24" Benq with two LG 23" displays for eyefinity and have enjoyed for a little under 2 years. Finally I moved to a set of trio Samsung's (120hz + 3d) and boy is it ever a difference. It's not only just due to the new sets looking better, but more-so for the uniform and same appearance of the screens together. Now if you do have the extra money to spare I'd definitely go with the same screen size, whether that means buying 2 more 27"....or buying another 23" and selling the 27. If money is tight, you could always do one of those solutions at a later point and rough it out.
m
l
!